Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bridge question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dougkehl, May 21, 2012.

1. dougkehl

dougkehl

Feb 20, 2012
    Alright so for any of you who may know the answer to this, I have a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, I was contemplating switching out the bridge for something with a wider string spacing. So what I hope to find out is if I were to get a bridge with a wider string spacing, will the total width of the bridge be wider, or will it be the same? And furthermore, if increasing the width of the strings is even a wise decision? Because the I'm under the impression that the string width has a direct relation to the width of the neck and I wouldn't want to buy a bridge and have the string spacing be too wide.

2. I had a Schecter Custom 5, which had quite tight string spacing, I don't think a wider bridge will help you as I think the B and G strings will be pulled off the fingerboard on the higher frets.

3. This is very true. Try to find a dealer that has a Diamond P5 and try it out. Then trade in your narrow-stringed model or sell it intact. I tried that experiment on a basket case Ibby SR305. Fail.

4. dougkehl

dougkehl

Feb 20, 2012
    Thanks guys, I figured it wouldn't work because the B and G strings would be nearly off the fingerboard, but it doesn't hurt to know for sure haha. It's not that I really mind the string spacing, it's just sometime when I go to do some slap the strings can be just a smidge too close. I've adjusted to it fairly well to it, but a little more space would be nice and I was hoping the bridge would help because I really don't want to sell it.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021