Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter Stilleto Elite

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MotoClip, Apr 23, 2003.

1. I'm really considering a Schecter Elite but I don't have a way to actually play one. I've read reviews and so far they are all pretty good but I'd like to know more. I currently play a Fender and I like it, and also own an Ibanez SR and hate it. So if you can compare the Schecter to those two basses it would be even more appreciated. Thanks.:D

2. I have a stilleto Elite 5 and love it. There are mixed opinions on how it stacks up to other 500-700 dollar (new) basses out there. If you can't find one to play, order from some place that will allow you to return it. This way you won't be stuck with a bass you don't like.

Having said that, here's why I like mine: Construction is solid. Neck thru build gives awesome sustain and it's fairly light at around 9 pounds. The EMG pickups are the HZ type. Not top of the line, but I like the tone alot. Very growly and you can get quite a varied tone from the active electronics by varying the individual p/u level. There is VERY little noise and everything still works flawlessly after 2 years for me. The B string is tight (35" scale) and it grooves as well as slaps nicely. The headstock is a bit lame, but the rest of the bass looks (and plays) awesome. Obviously I'm a fan. You might not feel quite the same, but wanted to throw my opinion out.

Good luck with it!

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I've got a Studio 6, same family though. I agree with midnight's assessment cause much of what he said applies to mine as well. It beats the crap out of my old Ibanez for sure. For a neck-thru, Bubinga, active 35" bass with tons of sound I'm very satisfied. Until I win the lottery:rolleyes: I'm keepin' her for a while...

4. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Actually I love the Schecter Elite and studio series. Lately I've been shopping around looking for basses in the $1000-$1700 price range. I was at Guitar Center one day and I tired a Schecter studio(very similar to the elite). I was very surprised. This bass compared to basses I was looking at im my price range. I actually prefer it over the Lakland skyline 01 basses and many Warwick basses. The pickups were very versatile and gave me a nice slap tone, but also gave me a nice jazz tone as well. The feel was awesome too. I love the way this bass looks too, very sleek design.

5. i've played them, and i do not like them at all. they play ok but the tone was just lifeless to my ears. i like the fender sound, like you do, and to me the schecters just sound BLAH. i recommend against ordering one without playing one first.