1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Stilleto Stealth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maxdusty, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I was at my local GC- just happened to be in the area and I thought why not? I wasn't in the market for a new bass but wanted to kill some time and to see what used basses they might have just got in.

I saw this bass on the wall, not used but new and while I have heard of the Schecter Stealth, I thought they had dual humbucker style pickups, this one had the MM style bridge pickup and a split P at the neck.
    It intrigued me so I gave it a try. Played it finger style, with a pick and slapped on it - seems to be a pretty versatile bass. It had a nice slim neck (painted which I'm okay with but I think others wouldn't like it too much), but for $429 I thought it was a pretty decent bass for the price. I've had a Schecter Elite before, but the MM and P bass pickups on this seems to make for a pretty good combination.
    Body seems light, pretty sure it's basswood.
    I didn't buy it, but I know I'll be thinking about it for a while.

Does anyone have this bass or have tried it? Would love to hear other thoughts on it.

Screen shot 2016-08-06 at 11.59.00 PM.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Aaron Mc and el_Bajo_Verde like this.
  2. tim68

tim68

Oct 16, 2013
    Harvest AL
    I looked at one in GC yesterday. Walked out with an Ibby SR300, but I thought the Stealth was a really neat bass. Great feeling neck.
    I probably would hardly ever use the massive bridge pickup, though.
    I actually like the painted neck , myself.

3. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Wow...I wanted the bass back then, only took me 3 years to get back to thinking about and eventually buying the bass. Too many basses, too little time. Currently one of my favorite basses (sure it's not a super high quality bass but it certainly is fun to play on).
    Also has the distinction of being the first Schecter bass I've bought that wasn't a discontinued model by the time I actually bought it. as in Schecter Elite or Deluxe- both discontinued. I've also been wanting the Schecter CV4 model ….but the one two revisions ago.
    67609482_392967664685307_7638990809320128512_n.

The different versions of the CV4 from old to the latest.
    schecter-cv-4-23942. elbbr61y1u53j5m3p4a4. J49976000002000-00-500x500.