1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Stilletto 6string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JackBoughton, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Hi, I've been looking around, playing a few basses here an there (unfortunately not much to choose from in the way of 6strings), looking for a nice cheap 6string bass. The Peavey Grind caught my attention, but I can't see myself actually owning it.

So I looked online for some other cheap 6strings, found the Schecter Stilletto Studio/Custom 6 basses. The custom being the cheaper model I'm leaning towards that, as I'd quite like to swap out the pups/tuners/bridge etc when I get it. EMGs, which I used think were awesome, I've recently come to realise sound a bit sterile and lifeless sometimes, they're great for metal (which is what I normally play) but now I'm in a rock cover band, they're just not enough.

I've looked around, and I can't seem to find any info on the string spacing on these models. This is a pretty big thing for me, cos it took me ages to make the transition from my tight spaced 4-string to my wide spaced 5 (Looking back on it, it was stupid to make the 4-5 jump like that, which is why I don't want to do it again!). I want a tight string spacing, and a thin neck, not a warwick chunk o' wood style neck. I wasn't blessed with the biggest of hands, my LTD F 405-FM neck is really nice an easy to play on, it's quite wide, but not very thick.
    Does anyone know the string spacing? or can show me where such information can be found?

Now I know many people will be just itching to tell me to go around music stores an play loads of 6strings to see what I like, an I've tried that, but all the music stores around me seem to stock maybe 2-3 6ers, if that! And they're always the same ones! 2 warwicks and a peavey >.< So unfortunately I've set my sights on the dodgy grounds of ordering online, lol.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice :)