1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Studio 6 v.s Ibanez 506

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheIrishOx, Mar 18, 2008.

1. TheIrishOx

TheIrishOx

Feb 22, 2008
    Illinois
    which one do you think would do better in the progressive, jazz, and funk genre. Cause I am trying to decide between the two.

2. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Heres one vote for the Schecter - those things sound and feel great. Really adaptable/versatile.

3. ryan(MAIDEN)

ryan(MAIDEN)

Jan 27, 2008
    how bout you play both of them and then decide.... i have a studio5 and i want a 506... but thats because i already have a stilleto so i dont want two of them with different string numbers

4. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    I could understand choosing those basses for jazz and progressive stuff, but funk?... Schecters from those series aren't really slappable due to narrow string spacing (I own a Diamond Elite-5, which is pretty similar to Studio), and more or less the same can be said about Ibanez. But, granted that you want to pick among these two basses anyway, I'd stick with the Schecter. Well, I'm a bit biased, but for a reason. Seeing how versatile my bass is, I can only imagine the range of tones one would be able to dial with Schecter Studio, which has better eq. Not to knock off Ibanezes, but from my exerience with them they are more rock-oriented and less versatile.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The Schecter Studio series are beautiful, but I don't like the string spacing, and they feel a bit awkward to my hands. The 506 also has narrow spacing, but it feels wider than the Schecter. I have not actually measured them. The 506 feels more comfortable, too. Very nice neck profile.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    These were the two 6ers I had to choose from when I got my ERB. In the end, the Ibanez won due to weight and the Bartolini electronics.

7. Rakie

Rakie Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to...

I prefer Ibanez to Schecter. And IMHO.... If you have a thumb, and the bass has a string... You can slap on it, just takes getting used to, I have big hands and can slap on a studio 5 my friend has just fine... But it did take a few minutes to adjust.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Yep. I slap just fine on my SR506, and on my Hamer 12 string. Just a matter of putting in the woodshed time necessary to make the adjustment.

9. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    Well, then I just suck... :bag: