1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter style truss nut replacement?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JetBlackJazz, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Anyone make em for decent price? Or does Schecter have generic truss nuts?...

2. Anyone????????????

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I don't know the answer but I'll bet you can email Schecter from their website, ask what truss rod nut is used on your bass and the threads, then either get a replacement from Schecter or from Stew-mac online.

4. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Actually, not last time I checked. I went through this too, and contacted Schecter. Their response was, basically: we don't make any of this, they are made for us and we sell them. So we don't have parts for sale.

Maybe I got an angry person, or the wrong department, who knows. But I tried twice about a year apart, and got the same un-helpful response both times.

If you can get it off at all, take it to a hardware store and try it on a bunch of screws until you figure out the thread size, then go check for aftermarket ones that match the specs. If you're lucky, they're just using parts someone else makes, and thus might be an easy one to match.

The bass I had was stable, and I eventually sold it, so I never got a resolution.

Good luck, man!
    ltt

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If someone can give you a thread count, Stew-Mac online has numerous truss rod nuts you can pick from.