Schecter T-5, DeArmond Pilot Pro 6, or Peavey Axcelerator 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrWalker, Jun 28, 2002.

1. MrWalker

MrWalker Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2002
    This sounds like a bad shoot'em up game for Commodore 64, but I'm currently a little confused. Well, I've managed to confuse myself, actually.

I recently bought a Schecter T-5 of eBay ($245), and it's a very good bass. However, what I really want (and wanted back then, too), was a good 6-string. I thought that good 6-strings at such a low price would be almost undoable, but now I've seen a couple of Pilot 6 on German eBay. They're not quite as cheap, but they will go for £333 (approx $500).

So, is this too high for a Pilot 6? Is it a better bass than the Schecter T-5, or just a different one with the same average quality?

I also saw a Peavey Axcelerator 6 on eBay, at $280. How's this compared to the Pilot and the Schecter.

Yeah, I know I'm asking much here, but if someone has an opinion (and I know there are a few opinions here, too! :D) please come forward!

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have only played the Peavey, and that was quite some time ago. From what I remember, it was a pretty decent bass. I guess I can't be of much help. Sorry.
  3. Personally, I like the Peavey.
  4. That axcelerator 6 would be a great cheap 6 string. Very okay.