1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter T-5, DeArmond Pilot Pro 6, or Peavey Axcelerator 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrWalker, Jun 28, 2002.

1. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    This sounds like a bad shoot'em up game for Commodore 64, but I'm currently a little confused. Well, I've managed to confuse myself, actually.

I recently bought a Schecter T-5 of eBay ($245), and it's a very good bass. However, what I really want (and wanted back then, too), was a good 6-string. I thought that good 6-strings at such a low price would be almost undoable, but now I've seen a couple of Pilot 6 on German eBay. They're not quite as cheap, but they will go for £333 (approx $500).

So, is this too high for a Pilot 6? Is it a better bass than the Schecter T-5, or just a different one with the same average quality?

I also saw a Peavey Axcelerator 6 on eBay, at $280. How's this compared to the Pilot and the Schecter.

Yeah, I know I'm asking much here, but if someone has an opinion (and I know there are a few opinions here, too! :D) please come forward!

Appreciated!

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have only played the Peavey, and that was quite some time ago. From what I remember, it was a pretty decent bass. I guess I can't be of much help. Sorry.

3. Personally, I like the Peavey.

4. That axcelerator 6 would be a great cheap 6 string. Very okay.