Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter troubles distortion

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassgal, Feb 23, 2006.

1. bassgal

bassgal

Jan 15, 2005
    Hi all,I posted this in the other forum but I will try here too:

Hi all,
    I have a new Schecter C-4. I have had it about 6 months. For the last few weeks. I have been getting this "buzzing/distortion" sound on the E string A and G notes. It sounds exaclty like a battery going dead when I fret only those notes. The notes distort when being played, then all of a sudden the distortion quits and the note rings clean.

It is not like fret buzz, it does not buzz when the pups are off. I have changed the battery twice. They both tested good. I looked in the wiring cavity and gave the wires a little wiggle while the note was distorting. Nothing changed.

I have also turned both pickup volumes while the note is distorting also no change other than to shut the sound off. What I mean is no scratchhiness.

I have played it in two different amps and it does it in both amps.
    I put on a new set of Elixers to see if it was the strings.

It is intermittent. It just seems to happen randomly. Although it seems to happen more often after I have been playing for awhile.

The other day it started happening a lot. So I changed the battery. And it quit (battery tested fully charged). I have played for maybe 2 hours total on the current battery and it is doing it again today during practice.

Thanks for ay ideas or advice

BG