1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter Ultra Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by americanmade, Apr 10, 2006.

1. americanmade

americanmade

Feb 12, 2005
    Hey guys, stumbled across this when browsing through Music123.com:
    http://www.music123.com/Schecter-Ultra-Bass-i160790.music
    looks like an updated thunderbird (though I'm not really sure a thunderbird needs updating) Anyone have any ecperience with one of these? I have never seen one in person and am really curious as to how they feel and sound. Thanks.

2. FeelTheGroove

FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    Looks pretty cool, but im not really a fan of the EMG HZ's in schecters. Ive played many a schecter, I was pretty close to buying a c-4 recently but I thought the HZ's sounded too "sterile". Which I guess would be cool for hard rock/metal and for playing slap, but I like a more warm, vintage-like tone.

They do have consistantly good setups and playability, however. They are made in Korea, but I believe schecter gives them setups at their usa facility before shipping them out.

3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

TBH, i dont really like the way it looks, i think the original gibsons looked the best. As for schecters in general i heard they were quite good, but some of the "EMG selects" or those passive ones arnt very good