Schecter VS. ESP LTD Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funk$tar, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Funk$tar

Funk$tar Guest

Jun 8, 2013
    Which bass is the better buy in your guys' opinion?:help:

2. I am biased, as I already own two Schecters. I've tried the ESP LTD basses and I didn't care for them, when I went looking for a 5 string I tried both and thought the Schecter felt better to me. I like the body design of their Stiletto series and they just seem well balanced to me, maybe a little heavy. In the end, I wound up buying a Carvin, though....

I have not been disappointed with my Schecters. They have held up well and they always sound good, and the quality seems pretty nice for the money. The one thing I have found pretty crappy on both of mine is the tone control. Basically, you've got full tone or full mud, not much in between. It's the same on both my Raiden and my Diamond-P, so it's whatever they use.

If given the choice of the two, I'd take the Schecter 10 times out of 10. But that's just my personal preference, nothing more, and is in no way meant to say that LTD's aren't good basses.

3. verycoolname

verycoolname

Jan 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Ibanez...:ninja:

This. I'm looking for a 5-string, so I hit up a Guitar Center and decided to try a few out. The store had a pretty much mint Diamond-P in its used section...I loved the feel of the bass, and it sounded decent but when I tried the tone control it was 1) loose (the pot) and 2) a little better than useless. I liked the bass overall though...

I went to try an ESP at the same store, but it was out of tune. :rollno: I didn't like the feel as much as the Schecter.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021