Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChRiS bE, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Ok ok i know i am toying with getting either a flea 4 or a stingray (prob a stingray after seeing the results of my poll)

BUT after loaning a a fretless from a friend for a while (i have joined a jazz group in collage) i have fallen in love. The bass i loned was a Stagg....quite good but not normall affilited with quliaty (sp :p )

Ne way i i went looking for a nice (but inexpencive as i still want a ray of flea) fretless. After nearly barfing at the sound of a tanglewood i can across this....

http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/SchecterStilettoStudio.html

WOW it is wkd....active emg's etc.......

just woundering what you gurus of bass thought. any 1 played one?......only thing i would have to see about getting an unlined....wierd i know but the lines actully put me off.

Let us know what you thing.....Thanks in advance.

2. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    The tone is flat. Ive never liked Schecter :\

3. I thought for a fretless it had a really good 'slap' tone....imo

4. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I was at guitar center last night and I saw a Shecter Model T 5 String just sittin' up there, calling me to play on it. So I did. I liked it a bunch. It just had the right feel and everything. The only bad part about it was that the B string was entirely too floppy. Otherwise, I would've seriously thought about purchasing.
    I've only heard good from others with shecters, so I say go for it! :D