Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mhearn, Jun 11, 2005.

1. mhearn

Jun 11, 2005
    I just want to say hello to everyone, this is my first post.

I have been shopping around for new bass. I have come across the schecter exotic bass. I would like people's input if that is a good choice. Also i would like people to post reccommendations. If it is not to much to ask, the exotic bass has duncan pickups, would you say they are better than EMGS?

i hope i am not asking too much, but i dont want to throw my money around. I am an intermediate bassist and have only played on a washburn and a fender
  2. I dont know if many ppl have playe don the Exotics, I believe they're still pretty new, but if anyone has, they will reply... Schecter has really great quality gear, and the Duncans found on the Exotics, IMO would say yes, they're better than EMGs... I just dont know if Id spend that much on a Schecter... Id rather put it into something on my GAS list...

Good luck, and welcome to TB!!!!

3. Derakh Djinn

Derakh Djinn

May 23, 2005
    it plays just like the Studio series, the extra money is for the nice exotic woods and for way better electronics. I amost cried when I saw they came out with that after I got my studio... :bawl:
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wayy overpriced in my opinion. That much for a Schecter? No thanks.
  5. Honestly I tihnk it may be worth it Iv've neve tried it and people who go by brand name saying (that much for a schecter!?) I've tried alot of basses and I really think Schecters are great basses I tried A Musicman Stingray 5 and Schecter studio 5 and kept goin back to the Schecter

But remember it's all personnell preference
  6. Amen brother!!!

I have nothing against Schecter. I'm not selling the bass short becuase of the brand name. I just didn't particularly like the C4 and Elite I played in Guitar Center. I just thought that it was a decent bass, nothing spectacular or "stand-out" about it. However, I have never played an Exotic, and for all I know, it's a diamond in the ruff. If when I went the GC next time, there was one hanging on the wall, I would definately try 'er out!
  7. mhearn

Jun 11, 2005
    I have played a custom4 and it was ok... but i am not a big fan of emgs. 800 (or what ever it is) I dont think is that bad for a schecter. The body is nice and I assume that the pickups are better than emgs at that price. The average price for a schecter is about 600. And considering this is a little above average i would think the the price would be a little above average aswell