1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

schecters

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The1bassist06, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Wat do u guys think of the schecter elite 4?Is it worth $600?

2. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I had an Elite 5, and it was a great bass. If I were you I would get the Elite 4, but on Ebay, you can get a good one w/ a case for $200-$300. They dont hold their value very well, but they are a good bass . The neckthrus, like the Elite-4 are usually set up well from the factory. To pay $600 for a new one is a waste of $300 to me.

3. I'm not sure what model it is but the neck thru 4 string with the bound fretboard is the nicest playing bass at my local GC. IHMO it's a great bass at the new price.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    yeah, you can get used ones cheaper. BUT I wouldn't buy a used one unless I could play it first. Bought an Elite 5 recently and ended up selling my USA Fender and my USA G&L has been sitting in it's case alot. Tell you something? I have bad taste in basses maybe?:meh:
    But I sure have been getting alot of compliments on the way my bass sounds recently. I'd say if you've played it and it seems like the bass for you, go for it!

5. Schecters are awesome guitars for the money. I like the binding and the inlay on the Elites though I would prefer it in a less glossy finish. I'm pretty sure the whole Stiletto lineup is really good, at least all the basses I've played so far.

6. scootron

scootron Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Moved to Texas
    I just sold an Elite 4 in perfect condition on ebay for $350. I loved it, and loved the way it played, but the tone didn't fit into the style music I was playing.

I think that if you look around, you can find a nice one for less money, but they are really nice basses. The balance and feel are great, and the neck-thru construction is a real plus.

7. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    Look at it this way: you'd have a damn hard time finding a better bass for $600. I agree with cb56, though---I'd be leery of buying a used one sight unseen.

I have one. I bought it new and don't regret it at all.

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Really that's good advice for buying any used bass, not just Schecter. Just keep in mind that if you buy it new, buy it to play, because if you sell it, you will lose money. Of course if you do find a good used one, they are even that much more of a bargain. :bassist: