Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

schector stelito elite 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by THUMPER73533, Feb 24, 2006.

1. THUMPER73533

THUMPER73533

Feb 23, 2006
    any comments on this bass, are the necks stable? i have a peavey ntb that needs contant adjustments.

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have one and I have found it to be very stable.

I leave it for long periods of time and when I come back it is still in tune. I love mine other than it is a little heavy (IMO) and I really don't care for the Honeyburst :scowl: finish.

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I finally saw the honeyburst finish at a music store last week and must agree it's kinda lame. On the other hand the "grey mist" on my Elite 5 is awsome. It's kind of a black to grey sunburst over quilted maple and looks fantastic. I put DR Black Beauties on it and it looks great and sounds like it cost 4times what it did.

4. Vorak

Vorak

Dec 6, 2005
    Madison, WI
    It is a bit on the heavy side but mine plays like a dream. It has a slim neck and a very slick design. The only real complaint is the two volume knobs. As far as staying in tune, just like Kelly Lee, mine stays in tune for ever. I can put it in my case, take it to practice, pull it out and start jamming without having to worry about tuning it.

Its definitely a good bass.