1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

schector stelito elite 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by THUMPER73533, Feb 24, 2006.

1. THUMPER73533

THUMPER73533

Feb 23, 2006
    any comments on this bass, are the necks stable? i have a peavey ntb that needs contant adjustments.

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have one and I have found it to be very stable.

I leave it for long periods of time and when I come back it is still in tune. I love mine other than it is a little heavy (IMO) and I really don't care for the Honeyburst :scowl: finish.

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I finally saw the honeyburst finish at a music store last week and must agree it's kinda lame. On the other hand the "grey mist" on my Elite 5 is awsome. It's kind of a black to grey sunburst over quilted maple and looks fantastic. I put DR Black Beauties on it and it looks great and sounds like it cost 4times what it did.

4. Vorak

Vorak

Dec 6, 2005
    Madison, WI
    It is a bit on the heavy side but mine plays like a dream. It has a slim neck and a very slick design. The only real complaint is the two volume knobs. As far as staying in tune, just like Kelly Lee, mine stays in tune for ever. I can put it in my case, take it to practice, pull it out and start jamming without having to worry about tuning it.

Its definitely a good bass.