Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Be Sharp, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Be Sharp

Be Sharp Guest

Nov 1, 2002
    Does anyone have any tips about schector basses. I was checking out a schector diamond series bass, and I'm thinking about buying it. I thought it sounded really good, and it played well, but I don't know much about their construction quality or any of that jazz. I don't want to lay down the cash if theres some recurring problem with schector basses, so if anyone has info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
  2. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Are you talking about Spector or Schecter?? or is this some kind of hybrid???:p
  3. Be Sharp

Be Sharp Guest

Nov 1, 2002
    Oh, I didn't realize my mistake because like I said in my original post, I'm not much familiar with schecter. :rolleyes: And it is schecter, not spector, I'm sure of that now that you've pointed it out, Thank you.
  4. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    Schecter has to be the fastest growing company producing basses today...for good reason.

I know several BPers who use their stuff and have therefore tried it, and I have found it is unparalleled in its price range. Having said that, I cannot say much for thier reliability or longevity, because I do not own one, but if you haven't already checked out for people's reviews of the instrument in question.
  5. Be Sharp

Be Sharp Guest

Nov 1, 2002
    Thanks a lot, that site looks like it'll help tremendously
  6. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Although I think that the performance level of the inexpensive ones is lacking, they still beat most of the basses I've seen that cost as much or more.
    Reliability... they are sweet. I used to work at GC and never saw one come in or come back with any sort of major problem. They were easy to set up and didn't go out of whack too easily.
    The Elite models that they have are incredible for the price... I had a guy trade in a Modulus for one! I also play modulus and was seriously considering one as a backup. They are well made, sound great and are easy to find... oh, and tag at $569!!!

Schecter basses are awesome.
  7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, i got a cheapo schecter devil bass for sh**s and grins, and i think it's a pretty good rock and roll bass. i have no electrical or setup problems with it...the neck is pretty good, the mahogany body gives a good sound, and the mother-of-toilet seat inlay looks pretty cool, too.