1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

schematic program

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by beyondhairy, Mar 11, 2009.

1. hey, does anybody know of any free schematic drawing programs?

im searching all over and everything i download refuses to boot up after i install it.... ::sigh:

2. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    schematics for what? electrical, engineering drawings, etc?

3. Eagle for mac is ok. I have access to better/easier to use stuff through school though

4. electric engineering, sorry

and at school i use multisim, and its great, but i cant get the darned thing to work on my home comp... teh student evaluation copy i mean...

and im on a pc

5. I learned to use the OrCAD suite back at school.

www.orcad.com

I think they have an eval copy in which you will be limtied in number of components per plans. I used to run it without problem on a cheap PC.

6. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
  7. Not that I'm suggesting you do this or condone using pirated software but you could always download ORCAD or PROTEL or any number of super fantastic schematic/layout products.

I downloaded ORCAD 16.0 but it was for a friend. Yeah, that's the ticket.;)

8. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    My fave for quick 'n' dirty is LTSpice, especially since I end up wanting to simulate the circuits that I design. If you are into tubes, there are tube models available online.

ExpressPCB comes with a decent schematic entry program.

KiCad is free and multiplatform, but I have never tried it.