1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schematics for gravity

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by knegolf, Jan 2, 2012.

1. knegolf

knegolf

Dec 23, 2007
    Sweden
    Hi.
    I am new in this forum, so i don't know if this is the right place to post this thread.

Now to the point.

My band has just about finished the recording of our first EP, which will be releast as a 100 percent indie record.
    So what i as a bassplayer am interested in is some feedback on my playing and on my sound. Of course, all general feedback on the music is wellcome.
    You can find the tracks at Schematics for Gravity's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

The gear i have used for this recording is as follows.

Esh Impact 5 string bass with the pickups in humbucker mode, and the piezo turned to about 70%

Jens Ritter black knight strings

Ebs Fafner 2 extreme edition bass head(internal compressor and distortion was used (distortion-valve was changed from a groovetubes 12ax7 to a svetlana one)).

EBS neoline 8x10 cab

the signals were taken from two line outputs, one pre eq and one post eq, as well as two microphones, one SM57 and one bassdrum mic.

Other than that, there has been no post processing on the bass except for the chords in the intro of "an entire ocean under scarred skin" where some light delay was used.

Best regards/ Anders Lundgren/ Sweden

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    The sound is good. I like your tone when I can hear only you, basically when the guitar isn't covering it.

You playing fits the music and pretty tasty at times.

Good work.