1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schertler PUB 2/280 w. soft case

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by AMJBASS, Nov 29, 2004.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a mint condition Schertler PUB 2/280 for sale. As you know, these are getting incredibly hard to find since Schertler won't ship them to the US any more. They are the ultimate for clean and accurate Double Bass reproduction. Since it is basically a hi-fi powered studio monitor you will need to use a preamp with it. I have the Schertler soft case that I'll include with it. PM me or Email me if interested.

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Not your thing, eh, Adrian ?

3. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The PUB is KILLER, but I need the money for school. I play acoustic on almost all of my gigs as well so the PUB isn't getting used.

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Tick, tick, tick...shouldn't be too long now. ;)
    Probably buy it myself if I hadn't bought the iAMP earlier in the year.

5. peteswanson91

peteswanson91 Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I am VERY interested...can you email me price if it is still available???

6. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The PUB is sold. Thanks!

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Did you ever use this thing with a Raven Labs Blender? I know you were looking for one. It seems like that would be a terrific uber-portable rig.

I'd probably have jumped on the PUB but the AI/HT112 setup keeps miraculously sounding better and better. Might be all the practicing but I doubt it.

8. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I wanted the PMB really bad. That would be a great rig indeed. However, I never use the PUB. Actually I haven't even got the chance to use it on a gig. I play so many of my gigs acoustic(or mic'ed into the PA system), that I just don't have a need for it.

9. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    The luxury of playing a BIG bass!

It's weird, I had the PMB for sale for a month and then got three emails and a phone call about it in one day. Something with the phases of the moon or barometric pressure. Some guy got it to use with a Woods ultra high. I personally think for $2400 the Woods should have an impedance matched input for DB PU's (since it's mainly bought BY DB players) but whatever.

W

10. I assume you sold the case too, but if not let me know. The gray exterior looks different than mine. Is that something other than paint on wood? Mine is not holding up so well.

11. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The unit I have(or had) is carpet covered.

12. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    There are two models of the Pub 280. One is the hard shell and one is the soft shell. The carpet covered it the soft shell. IMO it doesn't look anywhere near as professional as the hard shell but it's a lot more durable. I got the hard shell and I knew from the outset I would need the cover so I bought it.