Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schizo Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flipper, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Okay maybe I'm the Schizo.

My 23 yr. old Gorilla GB30 has finally bit the dust (Thank God!!!) Was thinking about a Baby Baby Blue as a replacement. Found a demo for less than $700, shipped. Then I find an Eden DC112XLT demo for less than $900, shipped. The Eden is more a schiz due to more power and capability gig wise and power wise. Also I've read mixed reviews about their power section's reliability. Either would suffice direct out at a gig. I'm just looking for that modern tone with light weight. 5 string friendly a must.

Right now my main rig is a Genz Benz GBE 600 and the 2x12 NEOX, Ken Smith Burner 5, and my favorite Skjold Design Pro 5fretless. I think the head is going bye bye when Pete comes out with his preamp. In other words I've got a large rig. Just looking for a smaller, lighter, more portable, hi-fi, do all. No I'm not. Yes I am.....

2. Btw, I've looked at both of these in other threads, but nobody seems to mention them in the same breath. Maybe Tom Bowlus could.

3. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Get the Eden. It's made in Minnesota, by good people from farm country, and they really stand by their products. Excellent customer relations and service!

4. Okay +1 for Eden. Isn't the SWR american made as well?

5. Was looking at the Working Pro 12 combo (SWR), hecho en Mexico. Kinda lost interest when I saw internal impedance at 4 ohms.

6. bump only once I promise

7. Hey Tom, getin ready to spend, any thoughts?