1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Scholarships for Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TheLowEndDawg, Apr 11, 2005.

1. I'm thinking of enetering a recording technologies program here at the Univ. of Memphis(I wish MSU had one). However, in order to get in you have to go through a selection process which involves different things. Someone interested in this program can earn a scholarship for expressing talent on an instrument. I was wondering if any of you had ever tried something like this or knew somebody who did. When you perform, is it just you in front of a comitee? What would you play during one of these auditions?

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm not sure if this is quite what you're referring to but i auditioned into a music school. It was just me in front of the staff [in my case-the bass professor and the department chair]. One of their piano players played along with me. It was fun.