Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

school-amp: update (Ampeg BA115)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matthias, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Some weeks ago I asked what would be a good amp for a school (because a friend of mine is teacher and had the chance to buy a new one).

Well, based on my input (which I distilled from my limited experience and your comments in many, many threads) and after trying many different amps himself he finally decided to buy an Ampeg BA115.
    And I have to say it was a good decision!
    This amp rocks.
    It sounds much better and is also much louder (and stronger in the low register) than I expected. As we practice at school with our band, I don't have to lug around my own rig (GK 150MB+112) any more. I'm really happy with this situation now.

So: Thanks for your input (and for the existence of this great forum in general)

Matthias

PS: He also bought a new bass: a Fender MIM Jazz - not a bad decision as well....

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    You can't go wrong with these amps, and most generally with Ampeg combos. (and, yes, most generally with Ampegs...)

3. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    ? Price and power?

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    The power is rated at 100 W. But this has no real meaning. This amp is damn loud.

5. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    It's louder (and still providing a solid tone at higher volumes) than I expected from 100W combo indeed.
    I don't know what he actually paid, but here in Austria it goes for about 690€ = 690$. I guess this is more than you have to pay in the US but a fair price over here.