1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

School Bus for sale

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mike_v_s, Mar 29, 2006.

1. There are a few bands around here that drive a short bus as their tour van. I personally love the first picture of the 50+ other busses and their little one circled in the corner.

2. Yeah like thats supposed to help. It would have been better if that was the only one they had.

3. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    The story: this is (I believe) the New Orleans public school system auctioning this bus; it's been highly publicized, and if you consider that, I'm surprised the price isn't higher.

People love throwing their money at social causes to lighten the burden of having so much when so many have so little.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go much higher than $5,500; it's not even reserved!

That said, I'm all for trying to alleviate the suffering.

4. mcbc

mcbc Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    check out the price for a diesel engine and you will understand why these people are buying these things. dont even think a band is buying one to travel. but in the hands of a good mechanic the engine will be cherry. the body will probably become scrap.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    If it weren't for the 10 days of water damage, that'd easily be the coolest eBay buy ever.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Some friends and I are looking for a school bus to cut the roof off of for next year's Mardi Gras, but a used bus still in fair condiditon can be had for much less than that. Hopefully that is being bid up because it is for charity relief.

7. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Everyone see the questions on there too? LMFAO

Q: I sure hope this is a joke, because it gave me a good laugh!
    A: This is not a joke. The bus exists. If you win the bid you will get the bus.

8. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    hahah the way its worded sounds like they are pawning off the seindeld BO car.