School crap. Where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Block Schedualing, and changes.

8 vote(s)
  2. The way it was, 7 day.

5 vote(s)
  1. Okay. Before you post on the poll or post your opinions, make sure you are doing this from a teenagers point of view.

My school is switching into a block shedualing format of 7 classes; each of them 90 minutes except the last one, which will be 45 minutes. The setup in this will end up in a Day 1;A,C,E,G. and Day 2;B,D,F,G. As apposed to a rotating 7 day schedual.

Also more changes to this schedual will include no study halls, no senior week, and senior must take finals. And my my personal qualm is that no backpcks are supposed to be worn during school hours.

So how does this sound. The "new" schedual, or the old schedual of rotating 7 day, backpacks, and senior week. And the choice for seniors not to take finals?
  2. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Don't worry about it, it'll all work out in the end whetehr its a success and evolves or naff and reverts to the old.

(Anyone else not fully catch the drift of the thread?).
  3. that sounds like poo to me. we do a 4 90 min periods a day schedule, and you switch classes half way through the year. so my schedule now is like this

AP english
    AP calculus
    gov & eco honors
    office assistant

and next semester (starting in jan) it will be this

AP english
    AP cal (ap classes are year long)
    Physics honors
    Jazz band

its really cool this way, you only have to worry about 4 classes at a time. less studying homework etc. i really dislike the a/b day thing, it makes your workload much harder because you have to study and do work for 8 classes which is pretty tough.
  4. ugh we did the no backback thing in jr high, its awful

you hvae to lug around all those books, go to locker all the time etc. its really really bad. at my highschool noone even has a locker, they are obsolete to us. we have never had study halls, and there arent supposed to be any assistants this year but im just good like that ;) also, we dont get early out this year (for the past 10-15 years seniors could take 3 classes a day and leave at 1:30 instead of 3:00, but the lameasses decided to take that away from us this year) but overall im enjoying my school year a lot. senior year rocks
  5. my school has 40 minute periods, 7 periods a day, but I hear that either this year or next that they will change it to something else :meh:
  6. thats another good thing about our schedule system. you guys take 7 classes a day all year. we take 4 classes every half a year, so we end up taking 8 altogether for the year, which i think is cool, more electives and such.
  7. That's pretty stupid sounding whatever I choose. My school runs an 4 80minute block 2day schedual with 2 semisters.
  8. My ass they'd take my backpack. I SHALL NOT , NO I WILL NOT CARRY MY BOOKS ! And I never have :) And I just got a new bookbag. Thank god I have no change. Except being a Junior...
  9. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Our scedualing is like DEFELDUS's, and it is good.

I had to go through with that no backpack bull$h1+ in 7th and 8th grade, but no more do I have to do that. I don't EVER use my locker, so my back gets strong; strong like hulk.

and I'm gunna be an upper classman this year, so I get to leave school during lunch! w00t! :hyper: :D now I'll just leave school like I usually do, but it'll be legit for once! :D

but all the perks still don't make me not hate school and all that it stands for. DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM! :spit:
  10. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    We have 7 47 minute periods per day. I'm a junior and I still have to do the stupid no backpack thing. I normaly wouldn't have any problems with this except my locker is on he bottom and it is a pain to get my books.
  11. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    My school is on the split 4/4. I think classes are right about 90 mins. We call them Red and Black days [school colors]. I enjoy it as it gives us more time per rehearsel in the band classes and i feel like we can get more accomplished in 1 90min class than we could if we had 45mins every day. E.g. it's really helpful when timing competition/gig stuff. I am a junior. This semester i'm taking these classes:
    Red Day
    1 Algebra II CP
    2 Music Theory
    3 Communication Systems [industrial tech]
    4 Physics

Black Day
    1 Marching Band
    2 Jazz Band
    3 English 11-1 CP
    4 SRT = Student Resource Time

I switch classes out at the end of the semester e.g. the single semester classes will be replaced. I enjoy this scheduele.
  12. The backpack thing is my biggest problem. Screw them! I love carrying my books on my back. I am gonna wear it anyways. And almost everyone is going to wear them anyways. I don't care if they expell me!!! This school is on a downward spiral.
  13. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Hey man, whatever more school time or class order you need to get to be able to spell "schedule" correct, good.

BTW, I'm on block 2-4-5-6 and 1-3-5-7.
  14. my school runs on block scheduling... i dont mind it, gives me more time to play during jazz band :) It gives me more time to do homework so I can keep my grades up. Can't join the Marines if i don't graduate... We have the days listed as the school colors so my schedule for my senior year is as follows.

Blue Day
    Building Trades
    *12 min food break*
    Strength Training
    Technical Writing
    Trig/Pre Calc
    Tutorial (time to do homework if we have it)

Gold Day
    Jazz Band
    Desktop Publishing
    Web Design and Development
    Consumer Economics/American Government
  15. see you guys gotta get creative with the backpack thing, i remember last year they tried to kick all the BMX'ers out of the skatepark, so this one guy biked into the woods and came out riding naked, nobody would touch him, you gotta do crazy things like that to change the world people....
  16. i just graduated, our schedule was always 7 periods a day for 40 min each, 5 min between classes to gewt to your locker (we were never allowed to have backpacks during the day), a 15 min recess after the first three periods, and one period a day (not included in the seven) to do whatever u wanted, hang out, get extra help if you needed it, do work, practice for jazz band, whatever, that always worked for me
  17. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    We have all 6 classes (7, if you take jazz band/flags before school or driver's ed after school) on monday (every monday is a short day, too) and 3 classes tuesday/thursday and 3 classes wednesday/friday. We have 5 minute passing periods between periods 1-2 , 3-4, and 5-6, 40 minutes lunch between 4-5, and a 25 minute break between 2-3 on mondays. On every other day, the 25 minute break is between 1-3, or 2-4 (depending on the day) and lunch is between 3-5 or 4-6.
  18. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I have 7 45ish minute classes, the same everyday. 4 before lunch, 3 after lunch.
  19. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    The first couple of years I was in high school, we had really wierd and wasteful scheduling.

The first 4 periods were 45 minutes each. Then we had 5th period which was a total of 90 minutes each. It was divided into 3 different lunch periods. (A, B, and C) You ate lunch for a half an hour depending on your grade level. (Junior's and Seniors ate A, Sophmore and Freshman ate b, and Junior High ate C) So an example is if you ate A lunch, you would go directly there after 4th period, but if you ate B lunch, you went to class for a half an hour. Went and ate lunch, then came back to class to finish the other half an hour. After that, you had 6th and 7th period, which I believe were like 52 minutes long.

Once I became a Junior they changed the scheduling so we had 8 period days at an even 43 minutes long and they did away with that screwy lunch schedule.
  20. The way it was, was 1; 1:30 class, 2 45 minute classes, a lunch class that is cut into 3 periods, into 20 minute chunks, and 3 more 45 classes.