1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

School Days, School Days

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by disenchant, Mar 5, 2008.

1. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I was talking with a friend about the kinds of punishments they used to use in school that would be grounds for arrest nowadays.

My kindergarten teacher used to tape our mouths shut with masking tape if we talked when we weren't supposed to. If you smiled or continued to talk she'd put on lots of tape.

My lunch lady used to make the boys hold a chair in each arm and yell at them if the chair was lowered.

I remember the teacher smacking the boys on the butt with a ruler in front of the class.

My kindergarten teacher also made us sit in a box with a chair in it if were were unruly.

I remember copying a page out of a dictionary for talking too much.

I remember writing lines like "I will not push my friend's head into the drinking fountain water" over and over. Do they still do that?

My mom had to walk around with a piece of gum on the end of her nose for chewing gum in class.

What did they do in YOUR old school days when you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow with holes in your shoes?

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Wow ... those all look familiar! Did they have a Universal Student Abuse Manual back in the day?

3. My third grade teacher took away my desk and made me stand in class for two weeks.

4. In kindergarden I got a timeout of saying poop.

5. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Nothing compared to Catholic school!

From Nunfist the screen play-

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I thought this thread was going to be about Stanley Clarke.

But one of my old teachers from school used to lock kids in a cupboard. This is post 2000 aswell, blatant breach of Health and Safety legislation!

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I remember several times, being sent to the back of the class, and kneeling on the floor while holding my arms out straight to the sides, and holding a dictionary up with each hand. DON'T let the dictionary fall or more was coming!

8. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    what the hell did you do?

9. She didn't think the inside of my desk was clean enough. :rollno:

I probably would have had to stand for longer if I hadn't broken down and told my parents after two weeks. I was afraid of getting grounded. :rolleyes:

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    My teacher picked up my desk and dumped everything inside of it onto the floor.

I also had to stand in the corner for quite a long time.

I've probably copied the dictionary three times over, and about a million lines.

I've been moved to the front of the room in every class i had, and right beside the teacher about 20 times

I miss school haha

11. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

And that made you very sad. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    These both happened to me, but not in the classroom. It was in the back of this guy's van. I wonder if he ever found his puppy.

13. One of my friends had to stand at the front of the class with his pants around his ankles. The teacher didn't think it was funny that he had pantsed (?) one of the other guys as we were walking into the classroom.

The same teacher also used to throw white board markers at another one of my friends for disrupting class repeatedly. When he didn't give her the markers back, she threw her shoes at him.

Is it bad that I'm sharing stories about punishment that I laughed at rather than received?

Come to think of it, when I cussed out my Chinese teacher in 4th grade I was taken out of the classroom and lectured, then sent to the principle's office. I don't think I ever got any sort of in-class punishment. Yeah, I was that bad...

14. You owe me a new computer keyboard. Well done. :p

15. Rough crowd... :crying:

16. blueskid

blueskid

Sep 11, 2006
    washington, dc
    my teacher duct taped me to my chair, my legs to the chair legs, my feet to the floor, and my chair and my chair to the desk. something about me moving around too much.

man do i wish there had been a fire or something

17. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007

..Back on topic, I'm still in High School, so I haven't really faced any fugly punishments like that (although I did have to write sentences once.. that's RARELY ever done anymore though). The worst I've seen is a kid getting kicked out of the class, and the most incorrect by today's standards was calling a kid a smart ass.

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I saw a lot of violence between pupils and teachers at my school.

One lad got expelled for slapping a teacher in the face, though to be honest she invited him to do so.

19. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    No, you're kidding?!

20. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nice. Already incorporating it. :)