1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

School me on Sonicbids!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Joaquin, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Joaquin

Joaquin

Nov 4, 2006
    How do you do this Sonicbids stuff......and how do you get a gig out of this process........:help:

2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I am all ears for this thread... if folks want to chime in about Gigmasters too I wouldn't complain :p

3. TBrett

TBrett

Nov 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    It has a searchable database where you can look up venues and festivals in your area and submit your EPK. There are instructions for each section of the site. They also send daily emails listing various opportunities, many of which are exclusive to Sonicbids. We pay a monthly fee for the service, and some of the opportunities require an additional submission fee. It all depends on your needs as a band.

So what are you guys looking for right now? If you're simply looking for local gigs, there are better ways to find out about venues in your area without having to join Sonicbids. Reverbnation is pretty good and their basic service is free. If you already have a solid following and are looking to expand your horizons to other areas and types of shows, then Sonicbids may well be helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions and I'll do my best to help answer them.

4. I was a member of Sonicbids for a couple of years and never got a single gig out of it. Beyond that, I never even received anything from Sonicbids to indicate that my information ever got to the events/gigs I submitted to. I let my membership drop and haven't looked back.

5. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Sounds an awful lot like one more group of people taking a piece of the ever smaller pie left for bands. I've no personal dealing with them, but my assumption would be that they do as little as possible and charging as much as possible for it, all the while acting like they're doing you a favour.

6. SonicbidsTess

SonicbidsTess

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi Joaquin and all,

I work on the Music Network team at Sonicbids and wanted to chime in and help!

In short, Sonicbids allows you to create an Electronic Press Kit (EPK) to showcase all of your best music, photos, bio, etc. You use that to submit to the gigs and opportunities in our Find Gigs area (we've got thousands of them - everything from the biggest festivals in the world like SXSW and Bonnaroo, down to local bars and coffee shops.) We also have tools for you to track the gigs that you submit to and promote your gigs once you book them.

As Tbrett explained, some conferences and songwriting competitions do require an application fee (and those existed long before Sonicbids did!), but over 60% of the gigs are free to submit to with your Sonicbids membership.

You can learn more about what the Band Membership includes at How it works for artists - Sonicbids

If you have any questions or would like some tips, I'm happy to connect and offer some best practices to get the most out of the Sonicbids membership. Just email me tess(at)sonicbids(dot)com!

Happy New Year,
    Tess

7. TBrett

TBrett

Nov 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    I actually think it's a good service. We're not yet at a point to take advantage of a lot of the opportunities posted, but seeing what's out there has definitely provided some goals to aim for. But like I said, it depends on what your needs are. There is no harm in taking Tess up on her offer of providing more information. Maybe it's something that will be useful to you down the road.