School of Rock released !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Oct 3, 2003.

1. All I can say is I got chills when they were playing at Battle of the Bands. Damn good movie and some talented yougsters. I highly recommend it.:bassist: :bassist:
  2. I was going to see this movie tonight,but instead I went to a concert...

Maybe tomorrow:bassist:
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah...I heard that they auditioned like 1000s of kids, and picked the most talented ones.

how was the bassin' ? :p
  4. I was dissapointed with the bass player. I think she got it because she was a girl possibly. In the songs she played a note once and never mixed things up, not even changing octaves. I mean you can teach any moron a root and 5th and use the octave. And near the end of the movie in the credits they are practicing and everyone soloed EXCEPT the bass player. Comeon ! People don't realize how much we are needed untill we are gone.
  5. I would have slapped the whole thing:D
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    ya. thats what they do on weekends. they premier movies.

[/angry for no reason]
  7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    The employees hung around and watched it after closing last night. I really enjoyed it. I didn't realize going into it that all the kids actually played. Very talented. It was just a nice feel good movie.
  8. Good Movie. I was expecting something different, but ended up being entertained anyway.
  9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I just got back from seeing it... I enjoyed it mucho...
  10. I am suppose to go see it tomorrow with this cool chick,I'm excited:D
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Just in case any of you weren't sure, let this movie erase any doubt you might have: Jack Black likes Rock and Roll. In case you didn't know.

And the movie kicked ass, too.
  12. ditto, but im goin today :D
  13. But he posted his message yesterday :p
  14. haha...

Well,looks like I'm not gonna see it after all...

I don't feel to well and I hate asking for a ride.

15. I'm sure its already booted on kazaa or something by now anyway :)
  16. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I saw it friday. That little guitar kid was good, so was drummer, too bad the bassist was a phony :(
  17. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I really liked it, it was pretty funny.

The new guitarist, spider, for his old band was so funny. I couldent get over how funny he was.

As i left , the employees stopped me and my friends and told us to empy our pockets, because they thought we had a lazer pionter. They were kidding, but it was kind of funny/awkward.
  18. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I know, iw as sitting there waiting for the bass solo but then i remembered she cant really play. o well.EDIT: and that gay kid was funny.
  19. It was either School of Rock, or see a Hawksley Workman show. Guess which I picked? ;)
  20. :D Great movie!

lots of subtle humor in it too. i like the soundtrack.