1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

School of Rock released !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Oct 3, 2003.

1. All I can say is I got chills when they were playing at Battle of the Bands. Damn good movie and some talented yougsters. I highly recommend it.:bassist: :bassist:

2. I was going to see this movie tonight,but instead I went to a concert...

Maybe tomorrow:bassist:

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah...I heard that they auditioned like 1000s of kids, and picked the most talented ones.

how was the bassin' ? :p

4. I was dissapointed with the bass player. I think she got it because she was a girl possibly. In the songs she played a note once and never mixed things up, not even changing octaves. I mean you can teach any moron a root and 5th and use the octave. And near the end of the movie in the credits they are practicing and everyone soloed EXCEPT the bass player. Comeon ! People don't realize how much we are needed untill we are gone.

5. I would have slapped the whole thing:D

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    ya. thats what they do on weekends. they premier movies.

[/angry for no reason]

7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    The employees hung around and watched it after closing last night. I really enjoyed it. I didn't realize going into it that all the kids actually played. Very talented. It was just a nice feel good movie.

8. Good Movie. I was expecting something different, but ended up being entertained anyway.

9. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I just got back from seeing it... I enjoyed it mucho...

10. I am suppose to go see it tomorrow with this cool chick,I'm excited:D

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Just in case any of you weren't sure, let this movie erase any doubt you might have: Jack Black likes Rock and Roll. In case you didn't know.

And the movie kicked ass, too.

12. ditto, but im goin today :D

13. But he posted his message yesterday :p

14. haha...

Well,looks like I'm not gonna see it after all...

I don't feel to well and I hate asking for a ride.

Bleh...

15. I'm sure its already booted on kazaa or something by now anyway :)

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I saw it friday. That little guitar kid was good, so was drummer, too bad the bassist was a phony :(

17. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I really liked it, it was pretty funny.

The new guitarist, spider, for his old band was so funny. I couldent get over how funny he was.

As i left , the employees stopped me and my friends and told us to empy our pockets, because they thought we had a lazer pionter. They were kidding, but it was kind of funny/awkward.

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I know, iw as sitting there waiting for the bass solo but then i remembered she cant really play. o well.EDIT: and that gay kid was funny.

19. It was either School of Rock, or see a Hawksley Workman show. Guess which I picked? ;)

20. :D Great movie!

lots of subtle humor in it too. i like the soundtrack.