1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

School of Rock!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jiro, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Ohhhh man I just saw the coolest movie, School of Rock! hahahaha you guys see that movie Rocked! You guys remember that movie? How you like it? So rocking man! Ya it was sooo cool seeing those kids playing rock makes me feel all good inside! And that Bass player thats just so Rocking!

Ya dude, remember me? the guy who inherited the bass from my Gp! Ya got an amp and everything. playing that thing like theres no tomorrow! Judas Priest!!! Im so stoked now! Playing in a rock band has got to be one of the greatest things that has happening to me since I was born.

YA anyway what was that black bass in the end credits that bass girl had? and too bad she didnt do a bass solo that would have been sweet.

Rock On! :bassist:

2. That movie is super cool. Jack Black is my hero.

ACOMMMINAYEAH!

3. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Cool movie, but at the end everyone except the bass chick got to do a solo.:(

4. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I think she was the least talented out of the bunch... All she did was a lot of root smacking. I guess kid bass players are rare. Double basses are too big, and electric is still probably too big for the average 10-12 year old.

Guess they were going for looks and skill, and decided to compromise some skill for a decent looking bass player.

5. wushuguy

wushuguy Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Anyone know what the first bass she played was? The hollowbody one.

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.