1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

School shootings... another gun thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Armueller2001, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Whats up guys, not sure if anyone's heard of the site www.concealedcampus.com but its a good organization and they're making lots of progress educating people through media and taking legislative action... basically their message is they want to have college students who are 21 and over and currently have concealed weapons permits be able to bring their weapons with them on campus. The right of self defense does not end at a magical line surrounding the University.

There's also going to be an empty holster protest at campuses nationwide in April.

2. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Why not spend the time and energy trying to limit drunk driving? Or end the War In Iraq? Or world starvation? or ecconomic inequality? Or increase support for mental health care? Campus shootings (the few that we have had here in America) are tragic, but more people are killing in suicide bombings in the Middle East in one week than all the campus shootings.

My guess is that they are more interested in carrying a gun around than trying to diminish loss of life.

3. By your logic, you should have put the effort spent on your "best guess" post on somehting more constructive. Simply Awesome.

Mike

4. Heh, that might have come in handy when I was in college because it was in a fairly bad neighborhood.

5. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Maybe some people think that MADD is doing a great job with drunk driving, Iraq is a necessary strategic move and is finally being won, world starvation is best solved by ending corrupt dictatorships and allowing free markets, and economic inequality is in reality actually fairness because it rewards those who contribute more to society.

Then again, people who think like that are in short supply on most college campii, while the neverending bleeding heart protests in support of your issues go on... and on... and on... and on... and on...

Nothing wrong at all with supporting your own causes, or that some people find your causes silly, as I do with most of yours.

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    More guns on Campus! In spite of your recent shootings, this is exactly what you need :rolleyes:

next time some nutjob goes on a shooting spree, everyone pulls out their guns and shoots back! Woo-hoo, just like the wild west! :rolleyes:

It will only end up with even more people being killed.

7. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    That's why I think that cops shouldn't have guns either.

If a bank robber has a gun, the last thing we need to do is add MORE guns to the situation.

8. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    I think they should all invest in kelvar vests.

9. I see what your saying, lets deputise students, they all must be amazing marksmen (oand women)!

10. Now you guys are beginning to see the light :hyper: That's what the organization will promote..... Training, certification and ongoing safety refreshment.

11. I think it's a good idea so long as it's not executed poorly. There needs to be limitations, training and other various necessities for this to work out with even a stitch or a sliver of a promise of hope. Otherwise it'll just be pandemonium.

As far as guns + guns = bad, I'm pretty sure if it weren't for guns in some obscure war we'd all be speaking German...:scowl:

12. It wouldn't be hard to pack a TON of training into one semester if done properly. Also, training the non CCW students to work in conjunction with the CCW students would also go a long way.

13. There are countries where teachers are required to be armed, like Israel. School shootings? They don't have them.

14. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Police were bragging that they were in the auditorium of the last shooting in minutes.

Unfortunately, it was over in 25 seconds or so.

15. Theres a bit of a difference between a war where guns were used via the militray, and kids going around shooting each other at school. But who cares, aslong as we get the east speaking english, we can work around the rest of the world later :rolleyes:

What they really want to do, i turn every teachers desk into a pill box, a secured M240 at the front of every class room and from towers outside should keep them all at bay :rolleyes:

16. What about the poor, misunderstood mass-murderer? Can’t we see that he is just crying out for help? Where is our compassion? I don’t understand some people. Are they even human? Where is the Kumbaiya? Is there a chance he missed the NO GUNS sign? What if he is dyslexic? What if he didn’t take his medicine? It’s not his fault. It’s ours for not understanding.

Some sicko’s would probably try to harm a rabid dog mauling a three year old. Some degenerate might even advocate shooting it! Can’t our narrow minds grasp that the animal is sick? Call Animal Control and then wait for them to come and handle it the proper way. We are not trained to defend our children. Trust the Gov. That's why we pay taxes. They have nets & tranques. In fact, it’s OUR fault that our child is being injured. What was our child doing in our back yard with only a four foot fence? Have we ever seen how high a dog can jump? It’s not his fault. It’s ours for not understanding. :rolleyes:

Man, that was hard to type...
    Can anyone tell me what the following places & dates have in common?
    U of TX tower 1966.
    Pearl MS, 1997
    Co Springs, CO 2007

17. Excellent points, did you move to Nashville from the UK?? :bag:

18. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    Actually, statistics show ( and these figures are sitting home at the moment, but I know right where they are) that everytime anyone present at a school shooting or similiar event, that was armed were able to use their weapon, the loss of life was a fraction of what it could have been compared to when everyone was forced to stand around and wait to be executed. Without fail, if you look at the numbers, it is always in the "gun free zones" that some nut shows up with a gun. This is the truth, accurate, provable, and repeatable. It doesn't really matter what anybodys opinion is on guns or gun control. The truth is the truth. Statements like, "more people will just get killed" or "just an excuse to carry a gun" are just silly and merely illuminate how much most of us DON'T know about guns or gun related issues.

JKT

19. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    You're teasing right?

JKT

20. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    All were shootings that were ended by a civilian with a firearm, not the police.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.