School Stabbing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    I feel this is worthy of me taking a break from studying to pop in...seeing as it happened right out front of MY SCHOOL!

yup...i can't find anything on the internet yet...but it happened today....but from what was on the news....i can tell you that alot of what they said was not true...once it appears on the internet i'll come on here and let you all know if it's true or no...or you can just email for the details...

2. Damn dude:(

Sorry to hear that,I hope everyone is ok

In my school,tensions are high and stuff...and people are alot of talk,but it never ends in weapon use,just a publicized fight.

High-School is Scary
  3. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    ok well here is the article that was in the paper today...

"BURLINGTON TOWNSHIP - One high school student has been charged with stabbing another several times with a screwdriver yesterday morning during a fight on a school bus.

(not posting the name, we'll call him 'G'), 18, a senior at Burlington Township High School, was charged with aggravated assault and possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes after he was arrested following the 7:12 a.m. fight with another senior, police said.

The victim suffered several puncture wounds and cuts, but officials said his injuries were not serious. The student was taken to Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County. He was treated and released yesterday morning, police said.

Officers and school officials said they are investigating what prompted the fight. The bus was on Old York Road at the time.

During the fight, police said G used a small screwdriver to stab the other student in the head, back, arms and hands. Several other high school students witnessed the attack, and many assisted the bus driver in breaking up the fight, school officials said.

The driver used the bus radio to inform school officials of the incident. Police and medical officials were waiting at the high school when the bus arrived. G was taken into custody without further incident, school officials said.

No weapon was recovered on the bus. School officials said police are investigating to see if the screwdriver was dropped out a window or passed to another student.

G and the injured student were scheduled to graduate June 20. Superintendent Joseph Fritz said G would be suspended for 10 days and would likely miss the graduation ceremony.

He called the stabbing "alarming."

"It's a very unfortunate situation for Burlington Township," Fritz said. "In my 16 years here, we've never had an incident of this nature.""

Ok, most of that is true...
    oddly enough....the attack DID take place with a screwdriver

the weapon was handed off to another student...he was then caught and taken into custody

the motive: the victim stole a playstation 2 and told G that he wasn't gonna give it back unless they fought...

alarming thing is...G is/was in my geometry class...the kid he handed the weapon off to is/was in my biology class...

some scary stuff happening so close....
  4. Holy Crap Dude!

that's F'd up...

I hope the two get what they deserve.

The sad thing is that they're seniors....I mean,they were about to get out of there,and they engaged in something stupid like that

sorry to hear that these type of things happen in your school bp13...

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    That sucks.

But look at the bright side, two less scum bags you have to deal with next year!
  6. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    i don't get it. if your going to be idiots and fight, why not save it till your off school property? why miss grad over a playstation. if thy're that stupid, i'm surprised they were graduating anyway.
  7. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Whoa....what a bunch of softies. Ive been stabed at school, and been shot at in front of school. Am I missing something? Is stuff like this not supposed to happen? (Im being surious here)
  8. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    You what?!?

No, stuff like this isn't supposed to happen!!

Nothing like that ever happened when I was at school.
  9. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Aren't you alittle old for school?
  10. What the hell? Do you goto Miami High or something? I've had a knife put to my neck before but I wasn't scared because I knew the kid wasn't going to do anything. But wow Bp13, thats pretty scary. It must have sure hurt for that kid to be stabbed by a screwdriver (and in the head, OUCH!) . Well lets hope that peace can be kept over there till you graduate.
  11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i sorta think this is being blown out of proportion. i mean, when i was in high school, especially at allen high in allentown, my school had this level of fight probably once a month. someone getting stabbed with a pencil or a screwdriver. shoot, i was stabbed with a fork in my hand once. turned around and clubbed the guy with a notebook bag and kicked him in the jewels. just got broke up by teachers with nothing else happening.

an unfortunate fact of kids in their mid to late teens, especially boys, is that they have tendancies that they don't have the maturity to control sometimes. part of growing up is learning how to handle or avoid those kinds of situations.

people are blowing this crap way outta proportion. more kids are killed every year driving to/from school than killed in school violence. shoot, more kids are killed or injured from participating in sporting events/activities than from school violence. you don't see folks not being allowed to drive to school, or varsity sports programs being eliminated.

that's not to say that i think this is ok or anything like that, far from it. i think it's a real shame.
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, what's up with that osama? aren't you 37 years old?
  13. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    its not like i come from a perfect little ideal town nothing bad ever happens...there are fights in schools all the times...mostly revolving around race(although in this one race had nothing to do with it)

so i am not suprised that this happened...i am shocked and suprised why it happened, over a little playstation 2
  14. Allentown, PA?

And I agree about it being blown out of proportion. I'm not condoning it, but the kid stole something of his, he said let's fight, and he probably just grabbed whatever he had handy and beat on him. From talking to my parents/uncles/other relatives, fights like that used to happen all the time.

15. Fake birthday sunny :)

(14 here) :p
  16. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    no no no...i should have given mroe background...

the kid took the PS2 like 2 weeks ago...they fought in school last week...the kid never gave back the yesterday he brought the screwdriver to school with him....
    remember...this happened at 7:12 am on the bus...

and the other kid didn't want to fight then....he was attacked from was planned out
  17. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Pyscho! I'm glad that stuff doesn't happen at my school. However, there is a LOT of drugs and alchohol at my school, but it's probably the same everywhere today. Being 16 in these times isn't safe.
  18. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ's really sad...but i would have to say that atleast 65% of the people i talk to in a day have done drugs or alcohol in the past 24 hours
  19. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Wow. I agree with moley.

The most we ever get at my school is boarders escaping in the middle of the night.

And getting caught smoking behind the bomb shelter :mad: :mad:

Actually today we caused quite a stir by eating our chips in the planetarium. It didn't end in a screwdriver stabbing though. Just a stern reprimand.
  20. I think the kid is pretty dumb for fighting him for the playstation 2. If it were me and he came up and said "Hey fool, I jacked your playstation 2 and u cant get it back till you fight me." I'd tell him some date, call the cops and tell them that he admitted to stealing my PS2 and threatened to hurt me. Then he would get in an assload of trouble and I would have gotten my revenge AND the playstation 2. But the kid had to take advice from his raging male hormones, not his brain.