School uniform sucks....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Nov 6, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    our school uniform is white shirt, grey "trousers" and white socks and school shoes..

we wear all that, but we occasionally wear our runners. this is my school uniform. White shirt, singlet underneath, grey shorts, white socks, and runners.

We had a crack down on uniform today...:mad: i got an after school, because my shorts had extra pockets, i had my runners on, my singlet under my shirt (that is yellow, and impossible to destinguish that it is yellow) and most of all my socks had one STRIPE on them. I told the co-ordinator that i will do it, and then i asked him why cant he go after the people that get stoned up the back of the school during lunchtime. he said its not good for the schools image when we are walking down the street, and parents see us in our runners, so i said "and its such a good veiw for the parents to see the people smoking and drinking alchohol under the schools sign advertising a "greater future" to the public"

He just walked off...

School uniform sucks :mad:
  2. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    Well do the girls wear school girl uniforms?! :confused: :confused: :D
  3. I used to like wearing my school uniform. I took real pride in wearing it. Sure it was a poshy catholic college with Blazer, tie etc... But i still liked it.

4. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    whats wrong with getting stoned at school. Haha, nah thats just bad even I have rules and I never do that at skool.

We have uniforms but we can sometimes get away with not wearing it, and ive only drunk alcohol school. bout 2 weeks ago to the day, friend brought a bottle of jim beam....good stuff. didnt drink at school cause that sets a bad example for the young ones.

we can wear whatever we want under the uniform (7 other pairs of pants for example, I have some weird friends) and whatever socks and shoes, as long as the shoes are closed shoes for safety.

5. Do you go to a private or catholic school?

I go to a public school and they couldn't care less what we wear.

When in your situation, there's not much you can do but wear the damn uniform. Bad luck ay.
  6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I would think school uniforms would be pretty neat. I mean, you never have to get up early to decide what you're going to wear for the day, right? Probably eliminates a lot of jealousy and what-not as well ("So-and-so has Tommy Hilfiger jeans and all my parents can afford are these Rustlers," or vice versa).
  7. Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    I've said this before about uniforms and I am sure I will say it again, If you don't like the uniform then go naked! :D
  8. Yup, I remember mine...
    Plain Polo shirt, no pockets, in White, Maroon or Navy Blue.
    Kakai slacks, two front and back pockets.
    Plain white socks, no stripes.
    Plain brown leather shoes, no boots or sneakers.
    Plain brown leather belt, no odd buckles.
    No colorful or sexually oriented underwear.
    White undershirts only.
    No alternative hair colors.
    No spikes, no long hair, must be well groomed.
    No facial hair.
    No tattoos.
    No makeup.
    No peircings.
    No colored contacts.
    No jewelry unless it is a watch, crucifix or other christian icon.
    No sunglasses.
    No hats.
    No nail polish.

...and they inforced it strictly.
  9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Did you mean enforced? This sound like a bizarre (possibly sexual) and invasive practice! ;)
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  11. Thongs, Brendan, the things you wear on your head when your stoned! ;)

I have school uniform - public school - I get lip about my hair from even teachers, you have to have 'proper' trousers, and a shirt or plain pol shirt with tie.

I'm with kirby on the "it gives parents a good veiw of how well the school looks, but yeah, we can let our pupils, smoke, drink and what not open school grounds... But no hugging."

:rolleyes: :mad:

But! It's funny when teachers shut up if I make fun of their baldness or grey hair.
  12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So - Bigfeet was talking about thongs being "inforced" where the sun don't shine? :eek: :D
  13. Yep... they were pretty strict in policing every aspect of our lives. I remember a girl getting yelled at for having a skirt that went an inch past her knees once. :rolleyes:
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Don't sweat it. Angus Young (AC/DC) has made bucket loads of money from his education at private school.

He was so proud of his school. he wore his uniform onstage!

Stay in school...Play Killer guitar!
  15. I thought the reason he wore his school uniform on stage was because he had a teacher who told him he would never amount to anything?
  16. Poor thing, you. I went to school in torn jeans, a death metal tee, a leather biker jacket and army boots. If I would have had long hair then (did later), I'd proudly wear it untied. And no-one would have had any right to give me sh*t about it. I bet the English teacher would interestedly have pointed me to the original "Paradise Lost" (that's a band, and an ancient text). Dutch schools are really great.
  17. I know is sounds whinny, but their tyrannical reign of suppressing our individuality didn’t stop with our uniforms. They did everything they could to adjust our personal views so we could be nameless, faceless worshipers of Thee Lord God Almighty. :rolleyes:
  18. ...Specially in Amsturdam! (sp!?) :rolleyes: :eek: :p
  19. Hye I wear a uniform, and this is what i usualy have on, knee highs, skate shoes, plaid kilt, button up **** over some kind of t-shirt and a blue sweater. well today we had a crack-down too, and they're out lawing "illegal" (non uniform) sweaters, and crazy knee-highs (other than fridays). its a bitch, but i think the guys look cute in uniforms, and i'm pretty sane with mine. but i've worn a uniform for like, 2 and a half years. normally it doesnt take me long to get dressed anyways, but seeinga s i relaly only ahve a choice btween blue shirt, white shirt, grey skirt, plaid skirt, it does save me tons of time. and i save sooo many loonies (canadian dollars) on laundry! I have to go put on my formal dress right now for athletics banquet.
    too ra!
  20. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    By paying to go to a private school, you are paying them to teach you that. Thats like hiring a lawyer, and then being mad he shows up to court. You could have always gone to a public school. If you say your parents made you go, then you should be made at your parents, not the school.