Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

School

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Aug 13, 2003.

1. I start school tomorrow already :eek:

I'll be headed into 12th grade this year, meaning I'll finally be graduating.

You know...when I joined this forum I was in 9th grade, and now I'm gonna be a senior....kinda strange how time passes you by :eek:

When do you guys start?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    school?

huh?

oh...right...schooool.

yeah.

okay.

I'm going to berklee in the spring :D

3. Good job WR. I want to goto Berklee too, but I don't have the money nor the grades. Oh yea I started my Trade school today.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey Jr. i get what you mean entirely. I joined a few months after you did and i'm a year behind you in school. I will be a junior this year and it looks to be a pretty good year getting ready to start. I'm a 3 year member of a few groups that a 3rd year junior is uncommon e.g. Show Choir Band and Jazz Band. I've got my own band started up [jazz-fusion-bop]. We start on tuesday and i am not looking forward to it since that means my "cycle" is about ready to start again. The past few years have gone really fast and i've made a few mistakes [slacking off in a class until it was too late, i got what i earned {failed}], but it will be fun. That's all

5. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I start school the end of august., but i start cross country practice this friday. I dont even want to think about it.

My aunt teaches at berklee. I think im gonna go next summer for their summer session.

6. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I started today.

7. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I started yester...oh wait! That was my brother! I forgot, I graduated! It's off to college for me:D

8. I start in like 2.5 weeks or something like that. I'll be a Sophomore :\

9. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    YEE-ES! Right on, bro.

10. september 3rd or something i think, im going into grade 11, whatever, i think ill skip that day if its nice out ill go biking. schools not looking like something i want to do really anytime soon.

11. I start on the 26th:bawl:

Oh How I hate school.

well...it should be cooler now,I got welding:D

Oh,and I'm going to be a Sophmore(I can't believe it)

-Jon:oops:

12. i start this tuesday. gonna be a freshman.

13. What?!?! who gave you permission to come to MY state?:mad:

just kidding dude, congrats on berklee. If it wasn't soo expensive (they give crap for financial aid) i would be there with ya.

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm with Jon, I start the 26th, but am going to be a SENIOR! woohoo. This year is gonna suck just as much as last year though, 2 APs and all honors classes again....grumble grumble grumble. I like it, though it makes it hard on my band 'cos the other kids are home schooled and we could be jamming at 12 instead of 3:30! Oh well, they say your Sr. year is the best, lets see how true that one is!

_Ray_

15. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    why does it seem like school is starting so early for everyone this year? I'm going into 11th grade next Wednsday.

16. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    im in ireland, ive just left school and dont start college till mid september, my GCSE results come out on the 19th of august, im screwed........

17. August 25th.
    Whee!
    Or...not so "whee."

18. I start September 3rd. Bayoone High School , yipeeeeee. I'll be a Junior, I started preschool a year late. I still remeber the day, crying and hanging onto my bed screaming I didn't want to go. So I didn't, till the year after that is. I know how to work the ladies (err, mom):D Anywho school will be okay. As long as the girl I like is in my Photography class. No language this year and I have carpentry instead. Maybe the teacher knows how to build basses :)

19. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    sc***l is a curse word for me right now...

i go back september 4th:(

20. Got GCSE results on 21st August, then start sixth form on September 1st. Wahey :meh: