Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroder Mini 12 vs. Mini 12+

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fralim01, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Okay..I could only get halfway through the Schroeder thread so I apologize if this has bee addressed before. Is there a big difference in the high end response of the mini 12 vs the 12+ The price for the mini 12 is nice, but the 12+ is a bit out of range for me right now. Am I going to miss that tweeter?

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    dude, i just got the mini 12+. it totally rocks! i doubt you will be disappointed!

I was in the same low money sitch as you and was going to buy the hornless, but then i found a mini 12+ in craiglist for $475 which was two weeks old.

the horn does make a noticeable difference, but if i didnt have one i think i could live without it. i only turn it up to about 9 oclock.

if you have eq you may be able to add some highs etc, but i find that there are still some highs etc without the horn. i guess it depends on your tastes. if you are all about lows i dont think you'll miss the horn. the next mini 12 i buy will have no horn. although, i may just buy the 1212.