1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

schroder road ready cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MODNY, Mar 1, 2008.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    does anyone have pictures of the schroeder road ready cabinets? the kind that have the piece that covers the front grill?

i'm trying to see how it is all put together because i would like to do this to my 410R

thanks

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    oh nice

thats alot simpler than i thought

it shouldnt be that hard

thanks alot bro. i really appreciate it

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    If you can make that work, it'll be a hell of a lot easier and lighter than doing the total flight case cover like you talked about! Good luck.

5. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    yea

i'm gonna do this, but i'm gonna line x the cabinet and the grill cover.

WAYYYY LIGHTER

6. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I'm almost surprised you are going to bother with a protective snap-on over the grille. All the powder-coated or vinyl-coated grilles I've had are set in and even if they do take moving hits, pretty resistant to peeling - and when they do, it's easy enough to flip 'em over to the fresh side outwards, or shoot 'em with some Krylon.

I was considering belt-sanding a rat-furred box and gluing the Reliable Sound lam over it myself, and putting aluminum angles along the edges. Almost as light as industrial coating and needs less finish work. But I was going to forego the grille snap-on.

7. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

i thought about LAM too, but its too damn pricey

i can get line X for a good price/ i know the guy