1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Schroeder 115L 8 Ohms Rhino Covering

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jobu3, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I just got this in a trade deal and here is the skinny:
    I'm sure just about veryone is familiar with the show Everyone wants to be a millionaire and how it works. That is how this cabinet is for me...

Easily portable? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Carpet? No, blue rhino covering. Final Answer. Correct.

Good tone? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Awesome tone? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Punch? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Loud as all hell? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Room filling? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Tight sound? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Great midrange voicing? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Nice airy, natural sounding tweeter? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Efficient (as in doesn't need a lot of power)? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Incredible bang for the buck? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Great potential one cabinet solution for most gigs and practices? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Handles the E string very well? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Handles drop D very well? Yes. Final Answer. Correct.

Handles the low B and the A# I detune to? Almost. Final Answer. Ooh... So close. Sorry, no million for you. :eek:

:meh:

This was almost the million dollar cabinet for me. It has everything I want and it almost handles the low B at full volume but I'm not one to back off my playing especially when getting into it live and handling what I throw at a cab is as important as tone and volume. This is like getting the right name but pronouncing it wrong and missing out at that last question for the million...:crying: :scowl:

If you are not in a really loud situation, this will work for a low B/A#. If you are in a really loud situation and don't go down to B, this will work for you. I love the tone. It punches through and does not soud like your typical 15. It sounds similar to but a little more open than the legendary Bag End S15 and with better bottom end extension to boot. It sounded great with my band last night but it doesn't go all the way down for me... Sounds kind of dirty. :p

I have a pair of GS112's and I prefer the voicing of the Shro 115 and it is as loud as the 112's together but they do the bottom a little more justice because of how they couple together. A single GS112 doesn't stand a chance against this in bottom, volume, or cut. I would much rather a one cabinet solution and am going to try a 1212L which I have on the way already.

The cab I'm selling is 8 Ohms and is slightly larger than the standard 115 to fit better under a 1212. It is in excellent condition.

It weighs about 38 lbs. and has two handles for really easy transport.

I'm asking $550 shipped to the 48 OBO. EDIT: Price dropped to $515 shipped.

Please, no trades. I have way too much stuff at the moment.

Pix to come tonight.

:bassist:

2. Oh, if only this was the 4 ohm version...

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Even at a mere 8 Ohms, it easily kept up with my Aggie mini stack of doom that were taking the full 550 instead of whatever my TF550B runs at 8 Ohms. The TF in the GS112's sounds HUGE and the 115L passed or paced them at every step except those bottom two notes.

Schroeder cabs have a funny way of taking up a lot of space while not sounding boomy.

I'm not trying to push a sale but don't be afraid of trying this as a stand-alone solely because it's 8 Ohms. It's loud and it's voiced to do alot more than other cabs in it's size range.

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Pix of actual cab from previous owner:

attachment.

Does not come with the roller bottom thingy.

I can get more up upon request...

:bassist:

5. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Fairfax, VA USA
  6. bassman_al

Apr 16, 2008
    Fairfax, VA USA
    I also heard from another Schroeder owner that Jorg had told him that his cabs are able to capture 85% of an amps wattage capacity even at 8 ohms, rather than the 50% that is the case with most other cabs.

7. bassman_al

Apr 16, 2008
    Fairfax, VA USA
    One other thing, are you the one who bought DACat's 1212L? Lucky you if that is the case!

8. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Bump from the original and previous owner. This is a killer cab (sorry it didn't work out for you). I never had a problem with my low B at gig volume, but I certainly never dipped to Bb, and in truth rarely go below low D on my 5er. This box cuts sharply and is very loud. I parted with it only because our band is doing several Floyd covers (no FOH mostly) and the Epi stack was sounding better on those tunes. It all comes back to the cut through vs. pillow under the band that Kjung has so eloquently posted elsewhere. Right now I need a pillow.

9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    No, this is the 115L with just a single 115. See what KJung says about it in the amps forum. He raves about it!

It is very loud at 8 Ohms.

I did get DAcat's 1212L.

And it does do the low B and even the A# just not quite as loud as I need. It is literally SOOO close to what I need that I can taste it. It's sad because everything else was so damned perfect about it! :bawl:

Fortunately, as I said to lomo in a PM, I'm lucky enough to be in a position where I can be very picky with the different things I'm trying.

10. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    price drop: $515 shipped.

Ebay tomorrow if no takers.

11. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    SOLD. :)

Thread Status: