Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SCHROEDER 1210/1210 vs SCHROEDER 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Sep 15, 2004.

1. 1210/1210- expensive!!, portable, loud, low end with 12s punch with 10s, versatility (can take one for practices and take two for big gigs.

410- less expensive, one cab, heavy, have to take it every where, not as loud.

i would be using a RMX 1450 and BBE B-MAX.

2. Geez, end it with the "Schroeder vs. ...." threads already. :rolleyes: :D (j/k)

Seriously though, you probably couldn't go wrong with either setup. It's just a matter of whether you prefer lugging two cabs to the big gigs (or any gig), or lugging just one. I prefer the latter. But with two 1210s, you have the option of bringing only one light cab to your smaller gigs, vs. bringing one heavier cab to all your gigs.

And from reading lofreq's comments, the 410 will cover all your gigs, and MAY be all you'll ever need (though adding a 1210 couldn't hurt ;)). So if you don't mind bringing it to your smaller gigs, and don't mind the weight, then the 410 seems like a good choice (plus, like you said it would be cheaper obviously than two 1210s).

Just something to think about.

Sean

3. sorry about posting all these schroeder vs whatever threads!

but i think i will stick with getting teh 410

thanks

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    IMO, there are really two main issues you should consider:
    1. portability --
    -part A - are two small cabs easier to move than one larger cab?
    some say 'yes' / some say 'no' -- personal thing.

-part B - since one 1210 will cover a lot of smaller to medium sized gigs (unless your band likes bleeding ears), most of the time you're probably just lugging one small cab -- big plus!

2. tone --
    -part A - if you prefer a thicker tone at low to low-mid frequencies -
    --small solution would be a couple of 1210 cabs (or possibly one of the cabs being a 1010 for less thick tone or one being a 1212--for super thick tone)
    --large solution would be a 21012 (probably less thick than two 1210, but still plenty of heft at the low end).

-part B - if you prefer a tighter, punchier tone -
    --small solution would be a couple of 1010 cabs (which I haven't heard yet, but I bet they're sweet)
    --large solution would be a 410.

Just my 2 centavos.

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
  6. whoa, Chew's lost some weight!

I ordered my 1210 (still waiting for it)

and I'll either pickup another 1210 or a big box to go with it eventually..