Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder 1210 / EA CXL 112L / Demeter BSC-310

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slombovia, Oct 11, 2004.

1. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    Anyone compared or had experience with these?

I am considering a single cab (under 60 lbs.) solution to go with a Read Bass Purity tube preamp into Stewart World 1.2 power amp.

Basses:
    New York Bass Works Deep Jazz fretless 6 :hyper:
    Elrick fretted 6 :bassist:

Thanks,
    Tom H.

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    The Schroeder 1210 is the only one of the three I've played through.

It has great, balanced, musical tone; very solid, powerful low end; cuts through very well in a live band venue; and can get very much louder for its size than anything else I've seen or heard.

It would make a great match for the other equipment you have and handle most gigs you might encounter.

3. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    Thanks, jd.

Anyone else? I'd like to hear if anyone has tried the Demeter BSC-310 which I am told is only 55 lbs. - light for a 310.

Also, I would really like to know how the 1210 and CXL 112 compare.

Tom H.

4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Here's a review of the Demeter:
    http://www.bgra.net/2004/review.php?id=205&type=cabinet

5. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    for the Demeter BGRA link - any other comments?

I found the following:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140148&highlight=cxl112

which contrasts cxl112 and schro 2110 but I'd still like as much input as possible.

Any comments on EA VL210 appreciated as well. Again, I'm looking for comparisons since I can't try any of them.

Thanks,
    Tom H.

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I use a EA VL210 for some gigs, great sounding 210 cab with very nice lows. The downside is it's pretty heavy for a 2/10 and like the Acmes likes a lot of juice. I'm getting a Schroeder 1210 later this week, so I'll get back to you on that one :)

7. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
  8. Scooperman

Scooperman

May 28, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    It all depends on what kind of tone you want, who do you play with (or compete with for audibility! :smug: ) and what kind of venues you're playing at.

I have a CXL-112, an Acme LowB2, a VL-110 and a Schroeder 1210 and they all are good and useful for different situations. That being said, these days I'm mostly using the Schroeder because it probably is the loudest, most cutting of the bunch, and therefore is the safest bet when I don't know what kind environment I'm going to be in. But the LowB2 tends to sound the most "like me" -whatever the heck that means!

SlinkP and I did a bass cab shoot-out/taste test with these cabs last week. Hopefully we'll "publish" some out findings soon, including which one sounds best with a Hammond B3 going through it :eek: !!