1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schroeder 1210 + GS410???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jivetkr, Jan 21, 2005.

1. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I am currently playing through an aguilar GS410 & I want to add another smaller cab that I can take to smaller gigs & to add to the 410 for larger gigs.

I'm thinking about adding a Schroeder 1210. Do you guys think that these 2 cabinets will sound good together?

Any suggestions for other cabinets?

2. Firstly it depends if your cab is 4 ohms as the 1210 is only a 4 ohm cab.

To be honest on its own the 1210 is a fine full range loud cab but for me it lacked the deep full depth that 15" speakers or even a large cab 4 x 10 could give.

I would say that it wasnt a good addition, however the 1210 could replace the 4 x 10 cab completly but you would lose a bit of deep bass in my opinion unless you got the 1210 and put it with a 1 x 15 cab.

Just watch your cab impedances so they match your amp etc.

3. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    My 410 is 8ohms. I didnt realize the schroeder is 4 ohms. Do they make an 8 ohm version?

I would only want to add another 8ohm cab so when I run them together I can bridge my power amp into a combined 4 ohm load & get its full potential.

4. No Jorg only does 4 ohm cabs, he said he doesnt believe in 8 ohm cabs at all !!

I would say you would be better getting a 2 x 10 cab or 1 x 15 cab both 8 ohms and put this with the 410.Good match and good sound, you have loads of choice in US Avatar, DR Bass, etc etc as well as brand names.