Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder 1210 + GS410???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jivetkr, Jan 21, 2005.

1. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I am currently playing through an aguilar GS410 & I want to add another smaller cab that I can take to smaller gigs & to add to the 410 for larger gigs.

I'm thinking about adding a Schroeder 1210. Do you guys think that these 2 cabinets will sound good together?

Any suggestions for other cabinets?

2. Firstly it depends if your cab is 4 ohms as the 1210 is only a 4 ohm cab.

To be honest on its own the 1210 is a fine full range loud cab but for me it lacked the deep full depth that 15" speakers or even a large cab 4 x 10 could give.

I would say that it wasnt a good addition, however the 1210 could replace the 4 x 10 cab completly but you would lose a bit of deep bass in my opinion unless you got the 1210 and put it with a 1 x 15 cab.

Just watch your cab impedances so they match your amp etc.

3. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    My 410 is 8ohms. I didnt realize the schroeder is 4 ohms. Do they make an 8 ohm version?

I would only want to add another 8ohm cab so when I run them together I can bridge my power amp into a combined 4 ohm load & get its full potential.

4. No Jorg only does 4 ohm cabs, he said he doesnt believe in 8 ohm cabs at all !!

I would say you would be better getting a 2 x 10 cab or 1 x 15 cab both 8 ohms and put this with the 410.Good match and good sound, you have loads of choice in US Avatar, DR Bass, etc etc as well as brand names.