Schroeder 1210 in England

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassampegman, Oct 15, 2004.

1. At last my 1210 is close to arriving ( subject to customs clearance ) i will be trying it out with my Ampeg SVT CL and also Ashdown Mag300. I will put my reviews on hopefully next week when it actually arrives.

A huge thanks to Jorg and for being very helpful and understanding, its been a long wait but hopefully worth it. The delay was not Jorgs fault but English customs holding it up etc and so on.

Any other UK Schroeders about ??

2. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Martin...what's shipping going to cost? I've been thinking about doing the same.
  3. Best to ask Jorg, it varies alot but i guess to Switzerland it will be very close to the UK shipped cost.

Jorg will be glad to quote you, i know weight and time are an issue, i wanted the 410 but far too expensive to ship overseas yet Jorg said the 1210 would suit my needs well.

It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to arrive ( worth it ) and then the customs get their hands on it and then you wait a bit longer, mine was held up as papers were lost and they want proof of value, amout paid etc.

Go for it im sure you will be very pleased you did.

4. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Thanks. Paying Swiss prices for gear is offensive.
  5. MaHei

Dec 24, 2002
    Yes, I agree. I ordered two Epi 2x10UL from Gard. IIRC the shipping was in the 250-300SFr range for both.
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I'm right now in the process of ordering mine... Hope it will work out well for me, too...

When I ordered my bass (which was coming from Germany), it was manufactured in 3-4 weeks ("custom oreder" - as it is lefty) but then it spent over a week at the customs - and some say I was lucky it was just a week :mad:
    What is it good for, I have no idea, but these long waiting periods at customs suck. My bass was totally dried out by the time it arrived, so I had to wax it twice when it arrived, and again in the same week, it was so dried out
  7. Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    I spoke to Jorg about ordering a 1210 and he said there are 5 in the UK so far (that was a while back)... pity he can't ship the bigger cabs here though, but that isn't his fault...

Looking forward to hearing your review - not that I don't trust everyone else here, but it's nice to get a review from a "local"!!!
  8. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    I ordered my iamp 500 + Wizzy from Bob Gollihur, i paid 260 swiss francs for express shipping, i got them in a week.

9. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Nice to read some other TB'rs in Suisse. I'm in Genf. Nuno...I'd love to hear/try that Wizzy. How far away are you? Any gigs in Vaud/Genf?
  10. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    I live in Lugano and i play quite often in Swiss german but not that often in the french part... email me and maybe we can workout something...

11. Any other european Schroeder fans out there ??

What about these other guys in the UK how about a review guys, 5 off 1210 cabs in the UK , not bad start for Jorg !!

12. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    I'm waiting to order one too, was going acctually, but decided to take the custom axe out of my mind first, should talk to Jorg again until the end of the year.