1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

schroeder 1210 mixedd with other cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markandsophie, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Hi are there many schroeder cab users that mix their 1210 schroeder cabs with other brands ? Just enquiring as my eden 210 xst needs a bit more volume and i though a schroder 1210 on the bottom might give me that extra volume id like etc. Thanks

poor spelling in the header

2. I'm also interested in this - I've got a vague recollection of someone here using a Berg EX112 with a 1210 and enjoying the result. Be great to hear some opinions. I'd love to hear how one sounded with either my Epi 112 or 210...

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I use my 1212 as a top for my HT115. It works great. I believe the Schroeder has a higher sensitivity, but they seem to work great in a live situation. The HT fills out the bottom end and fills the room with tight fat low, while the 1212 keeps the punch and works to make me clean and loud across the stage and out front.

4. UrbanIvy

UrbanIvy

Aug 1, 2004
    San Francisco
    I have a 1210 and just picked up a five string. Looking for more bottom end, so I am considering adding on a 15 or a 12.

I have a Thunderfunk 550-b and want to make sure I won't overpower the head with the new cab though...

Will definitely be tuning into this thread.

5. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Gotta be careful when mixing cab manufact. If the sensitivity ratings are way different, you'll end up hearing more of one cab and not much of the other

6. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I've tried my 1210 with an ampeg 410, worked like a charm. The ampeg had a looser and more open sound, that complimented the punchy and thick sound of the 1210 in a great way. Nowadays I'm pairing my 1210 with a mini12, very nice combination. The 1210 is a great little cab that works wonders for its size, but I'd prefer a bigger schroeder box (like the 21012 or even 210212) as a one cab solution.

7. Slink

Slink

Dec 27, 2005
    I would think you would be in tone heaven with an Epi 112 and a 210!
    In responce to your request I played through a Schroeder 1212R with an Epi UL112, vertically stacked with the Epi on top and I had all the punch and volume I needed. I was in a club so I was standing just about 6 feet in front of the cab but with it stacked that way I had no problem hearing myself. I've never played through a 1210 but I can honestly say that the Schroeder 1212R is a volume monster.

8. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I've tried my 1210 with a few other cabs. IMO it works best with something very "wide" sounding, since the 1210 is essentially all about mids. The EA CxL-112 worked the best out of what I tried, using a 2 ohm capable amp. You could hear plenty of both cabs, and the CxL added just the right parts to my mind.

If you have a stereo power amp then balancing things gets a lot easier, and I had decent results with either my EV 1-15 or AccuGroove Tri112L doing that. But honestly, the 1210 was plenty loud enough for any gig I've played in the last few years. I recently traded up to the 21012, which is a whole different animal. No way I'll be thinking about a second cab with that one. If it were me, I'd punt the Eden and just get a 21012 or 410 Schro, or some other medium weight one cab solution?

9. IMO it works best with something very "wide" sounding, since the 1210 is essentially all about mids. The EA CxL-112 worked the best out of what I tried, using a 2 ohm capable amp. You could hear plenty of both cabs, and the CxL added just the right parts to my mind.

I Agree, I tried this on a gig this weekend and got WICKED sound....The open sounding CXL complemented the more boxy sounding 1210 perfectly....and it was very loud!

10. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten

I done this too with my Shro 1210R and Ampig HLF 410. It was decent but it could be better. I was thinking a 212 or 15 would be perfect. Had anyone tried Eden cabs with Shros?

11. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I'm sure it could, I meant it sounded great compared to the 1210 standalone. I'm sure there are nicer cabs to pair it with than the ampeg.

12. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    Yeah but the Ampeg was all I had, but it works. I will be using that combo again this weekend at a gig.

13. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    You would think with all the Schro dealers on this site one of them would have tried a bunch of other cab in combination with a 1210 or 1212 already?

14. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    2 x 12 or a 15?

Under $400.00 to go with a Schro 1210. 450 watts at 4 ohms of power available. Eden Nav pre and Crown 402 amp.

Suggestions?