1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schroeder 1210 Question- Positioning

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimriz, Mar 30, 2006.

1. jimriz

jimriz

Dec 28, 2004
    Hackettstown,NJ
    I just received my 1210 this morning, purchased from fellow TB'er JOME77( thanks,Joe!), and was struck by it's tiny size and big sound. Very impressed so far! I plan on using it by itself for my band's small to mid-sized gigs, but was wondering if I should be elevating it on a stand, leaving it on the floor, or turning it on it's side. For larger gigs, I'll probably throw it on top of my SWR cab. Any 1210 owners who've tried various placements at gigs or otherwise, I would surely appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Jim

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I prefer using my 1210 on a Gramma pad, oriented the "regular" way. I've played with pretty much every other possibility, and that's what generally works best for me. But if you're using it with another cab, I would defintely play with the other permutations. I would likely always be using PA reinforcement anywhere the 1210 by itself isn't enough.

3. I've only gigged it one weekend so far, but I can't see needing
    to place it any other way than in "regular" position.

It's plenty loud, I was able to hear it well even though it was
    firing out at my ankles.

There was a bit of discussion on this in the MegaThread before
    it was shut down, and the concensus seemed to be that it got
    it's best results from just sitting on the floor in it's natural position.

I recently read that setting it on end with the angled speaker
    firing up doesn't really make a big difference. I'm planning on
    just leaving it "as is". I got the Light version, flight ready, and
    I'm lovin' it! I hope you enjoy yours as well.

Of course, having said all that, there's nothing wrong with
    some experimentation......

4. +1 It just sounds good, and is easy to hear, even when standing right on top of it. Place it on the rubber feet, turn it up and enjoy!:bassist:

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    only way I use mine :bassist:

6. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Hey Jim,

I have a Schro 1212 and have used it in 3 medium sized venues thus far. It has always sat on the ground in its normal position - never on its side, never tilted, never raised. I have not ran into any problems with stage volume, although I have heard of a few Schro users putting their cabs on milk crates. I don't think I will need to do this. The first show with the Schro was at a medium sized venue (100-150 people) and I had no PA support. My guitarist said he could hear every note that I played, and we play loud. I have been pleased with it since.

7. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I have used my 1210 on its side with the 10" on the top for a few gigs. cant say i noticed any difference but they were smallish gigs.
    I just think it looks better but i did this because of space more than anything else.

8. jimriz

jimriz

Dec 28, 2004
    Hackettstown,NJ
    Thanks, Gents. Looks like I'll put it on the floor and let 'er rip. Took my amp and cab outside on the deck and plugged in to give it some wattage, the living room and all it's contents were making all kinds extraneous sounds. Sounds killer. I'm digging this cab so far!

9. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I use mine sitting regularly, works great for me.

10. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I plan on using my 1210 on top of the 410 tonight. It will be with the idea of trying both and each of them separately to see. I've already "found" that my 410 reacts better in more boomy rooms and has plenty of volume so far on any gig, but, I just wanna try out two cabinets now that I have a head that safely handles 2 ohms (Eden Traveler 550).

Also have used the 1210 normal and upright positions. When I play tonight and use the 1210 alone, I plan on putting it on the floor. Frankly, if I don't overpower the band,,,,meaning I have enough will power not to, I'm extremely curious as to how these two cabs will sound together. In my "living room" (it's the only room I live in in my condo), both cabinets sound exceptionally good, which is not always the case as mentioned by several other Schroeder owners and me, but the 410 and the 1210 on top of it, both have the "tone" I hear in my head that I want, but it took using a different head and bass to get it....sooo, for me, another strong indicator that ya gotta have your whole system in line, not just the cabinet, but obviously, with the Schroes vs some of the other, more "flat sounding" cabs, they do have their own voice and impact on your tone, maybe moreso than the others. Whether it's a positive, ya love it, or it's not what you had in mind is certainly in the ears of the listener.

Lkaye