Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder 1210 vs 1212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Aug 21, 2004.

1. 1210

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. 1212

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. I'm giving in...I'm gonna get a schroeder cab (98.8% positive) but now it i need to determine which one....

I am currently running a Cirrus 6 Redwood into my Traynor YBA200 (will soon be running a fretless and Ergo upright as well)

I have read quite a bit about the 1210...I am a fan of the reviews but I still worry about there being enough lows....

I'm looking for the punch of a 210 cab with the lows of a 115

so should I go with the 1212 or the 1210

I play various styles and will need the ability to go from Dub,to Rock,to Phish'esque jam music...then with my upright something deep and articulate for playing arco

please help me decide....if you have or have played both of these cabs please tell me about the tonal qualities between them and which you think will satisfy my thirst for lows and punch

thanks!

2. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I haven't played a 1212, but I don't feel that my 1210s are lacking anywhere in the spectrum. Personally, I think a 1212 would have a much more colored and unbalanced sound to it, which would only be great if you really like the sound of 12s. The 1210s on the other hand have a more clean ( but not uncolored ) sound to them that's full throughout the spectrum with just a touch of warmth. I really haven't had any lowend problems with the 1210s. If you're looking for a setup with some extra booty, 1212s would probably be the best thing, but if you want a deep and punchy sound to it, 1210s will give you that.

3. bassjam

bassjam

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses,Genz Benz
    i own both a 1210 and a 1212.they both sound great but are very different.the 1210 is to my ears more balanced from top to bottom but the 1212 is much louder.i use a demeter/stewart setup and usually dial in some lows on the 1210 and run the lows flat or cut a bit with the 1212.the 1210 is very punchy and tight and the 1212 is very smooth.when i use my eden nav.preamp i dial up the mids on the 1212 and it sounds huge and cuts through very well.personally i would say it depends on how loud you play.if you arent that loud the 1210 is hard to beat and sounds better at lower volumes.if you play pretty loud and are looking for more lows you might think about the 1212.ive found the 1212 really sounds great in louder situations.anyway i think the 1210 is punchier and the 1212 is better suited for those that love huge tight lows.i use them both for different things.i took them both to every gig for a while to a/b them.i like them both but now generally i take the 1210 for small to mid size clubs and use the 1212 outdoors and on bigger stages.the 1210 can cover a big stage but works a little harder.the 1212 cruises on a big stage.hope that helps.