Schroeder 1212 vs. 2 x mini 12s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Moo, May 21, 2005.

1. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I had a chance to gig with the Schroeder 1212 and I've also compared the 1212 to the 1210 side by side. Based on that I've fallen in love with the 1212. But I also like portability and play some tiny gigs where a single 12 is enough so I'm wondering if anyone has made a direct comparison between the 1212 and 2 mini12s and noticed any difference and what it is.

Joerg, feel free to jump in with your opinions and to correct the spelling of your name ;)

Since 2 mini 12s will not have any forward firing speakers I'm assuming there will be a difference but have no idea what kind. I'm mostly interested in how the tone will change.

2. There are several bassists out there who own a 1212 and a Mini 12 and they are using them together at larger venues. If you like some details from me please email me:
    I'll be glad to give you more information.

PS: "Joerg" is normally correct, but it turned here very often into "Jorge", that's why I skipped the "e" :D
  3. when i asked him about the differences he said the main one would be that the minis would have more punch due to the smaller cab
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I am also interested in hearing how two Mini's (I would think one Mini+ and one without the tweet) compare to the 1212. When I auditioned some of Jorg's cabs, the 1212 was my favorite of the small 2-driver boxes (I did not get to hear the Mini's) and the 21012 was my preferred bigger 2-driver box. But the Mini's look really intriguing (especially with the "flight case" style removable front cover!), and I'd love to hear a pair versus the 1212.