Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder 1212 vs paired 112s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scotius2001, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Anyone had the opportunity to compare the 1212 to a pair of 112s? Epifani, Aguilar, Dr Bass etc. Just curious how the 1212 stacks up against 12s in separate cabs as far as volume and projection of lows. Any input would be apreciated...

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have the 1212 and a pair of Mini 12's plus a pair of Bergie HT12's. The 1212 puts out more low end than either small stack.

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Wonder how the 1212 stacks up to a set of Aggie GS112's? They have MASSIVE low end...

4. What about overall volume and presence?

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    The volume seems to be about the same, but both the Bergie & Schroeder mini stacks project a little more than the 1212.
    *cavete...I haven't done side by side, this comes from playing the same clubs with different rigs.

6. ill let you know when i gig with my new schroeder 1212 on the 26th.
    i have been gigging with your old avatar 2x12, atleast i think i got it from you....

7. Yes, I believe you did. Will be MOST intrested in hearing how the Schro measures up to the B212.