1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schroeder 1212R outdoor review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jonesy4fnk, May 1, 2006.

1. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

So I got to give my 1212R a workout for its first outdoor gig of the season yesterday. I was a little nervous just relying on the 1212 with no PA support (for bass anyway), but in short it performed nothing short of amazing.

I was playing with my 6 piece world/tribal electronica group,Telesma. With a super loud guitar rig, 2 percussionists, didgeridoo, drum kit, keyboards, samplers, vocals and more.....all with PA support, and people were commenting on the bass tone all the way in the back of the crowd (about 300 people right in front of the stage). Amazing. No one even realized that I wasn't going through the PA. The 1212 kept my low/mid punch tight and clear.....something which tends to get lost on outdoor performances IME. Booty shakin' all around.

I was powering the 1212 with a bridged Crest CA-9....running about 70% volume from my Demeter HBP-1 preamp.

For players that are looking to keep their low/mids on the outdoor gig situation, I can highly recommend checking into the 1212R. Compact yet highly effective for the live situation.

2. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    +1
    I've had my 1212 outside a couple times and yes it was phat.

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Very cool! I've never had the pleasure of running that type of power into my 1212R, but even with the 500 watts I crank into it, it still sounds very punchy and loud.