1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schroeder 1212R vs GK 212'' neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nitrofix, Apr 29, 2010.

1. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Schroeder 1212R vs GK 212'' neo pro's con's on both cabs and any other opinion on these cabs, still trying to find a cab for my GK 1001rb...Thanks

2. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    anyone

3. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    A. I am sure the Schroeders cost more than the GK
    B. I have always been happy with anything from GK
    C. If you dont have the opportunity to A/B them next to each other w/ your amp, then get the GK
    D. I am not saying anything negative against Schroeders. Just MHO

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    If you've already got a 1001RB, then by all means get the GK 2x12. They were made for each other...

FWIW, I've never heard a Schroeder cab that I liked. Guess that boxy midrange sound is just not for me. The GK Neo should be much nicer...

MM

5. RBASS930

RBASS930 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    The 1212R is loud as heck, and great at cutting through a mix. It does not have pillowy lows though. Sounded great with a GK 800RB and a GK MB2-500.
    Never tried the GK 212 Neo. Definitely try both if you can.

6. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Thanks Guys, I think I'll go with the GK, gonna pick one up tomorrow

7. good move....it's hand in glove with my 700RB-II. Hope you are ready for some seriously loud times.

The only other 212 I'd say I could swear by with the700RB-II and by extension the 1001 is the Powerhouse 212 fom Mesa....it's an awesome cab....just a little heavier and pricier but it kicks audio butt.

8. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Hey Guys, could someone tell me if the GK cable for bi amping comes with the cab or do I need to buy it and if so where could I get one, can't seem to find one on the Guitar Center website..Thanks

9. Ozzey

Ozzey

Nov 23, 2008
    From what I've heard, yes it comes with the cab. If I'm not mistaken, it used to come with the amps themselves, and then GK switched it to their speakers. Have an awesome time with your cab man! You're gonna shake anywhere you play now!

10. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Thanks Oz.......Did you end up getting the GK 2x12 to go with your 1001rb ?