1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schroeder 15" cab in the works! (found on Bassnutz!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Jul 26, 2007.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I know that many people want a Schroeder cab that sports a 15" cab.

Well, there will be a Schroeder/Bassnutz cabinet in the works that will help those out that want a 15" cab.

There will be 4 different prototypes made by the end on August or beggining of September. (2 for Jorg, 2 for me)

One will have a 15" on the bottom center, with 2 10" speakers towards the top and a 200 watt titanum super tweeter.

One will be a 2-15" cab split on an angle to keep the size down. It will also have a 200 watt titanium super tweeter that you'll be able to switch off for just the low end.

There's still a ton a work left to do, just thought you'all might like to know what's in the works.

I'm trying to get it so it will be a red Rhino lined cab.

We're always open to different ideas.

What say you?

BassNutzCab.

2. mattsk42

mattsk42 Supporting Member

Hey that looks cool, any idea on weight yet? If I get some cash when these come out I'll definitely look into getting one!

3. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    These are still in the very early stages. 4 prototypes are being made, by the end of August/early September. 2 are going to the winter Namm, and 2 are coming my way. There's still tons of work to be done, testing, road abuse, you name it.

I'm assuning around the first of the year they will go into production.

4. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Wow! I wonder if Jorg would consider a single neo 15 cab that would fit under a 1212 or 1210?? I'll be curious to see how these new cabs sound (and the weight).

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Jorg has no intentions of adding a 15" speaker to any of his cabs. That's way we're doing the basnutz cabs.

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Tagging on!

7. Oooh, neato!

8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Cool. While I haven't yet tried a Schroeder cab, I'm impressed with the way they're talked about here, as well as the stories of Jorg's customer service--but, I really like 15s, and his smaller cabs are regarded as mid-focused, so they haven't truly piqued my interest until now.

9. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Holy Crap!!! That's EXACTLY what I've been waiting for. Are the drivers NEOs? I hope so - the cab could get pretty heavy if not.

10. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I want a 4x15 and a 3x12+2x15, each 30"x36" :bassist:

11. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    Wow, if you guys do a 15+210 like that 121010, that would be the best thing ever.

12. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    curious...
    I really don't want a cab as big and heavy as I suspect the 21015 would be.
    I recently got an Eminence 3015 Kappalite, and it's a really great speaker.
    On for the read...

13. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Like I said before, there's still tons of R&D to do on these cabs. How well they sound in a live situation, how well they handle on a gigging situation, will they handle the abuse going down a flight of stairs (well, maybe not). Many things will change I'm sure before they hit the market.

We are trying to make them weigh as little as possible. We're looking at neo's, and several other companies, and types of speakers. Yet the Eminence speakers seem to have raised prices 85%. So other options are in the works. We'l like to keep them as cheap as possible, but the cost of the speakers themselves will dictate price.

As far as a 4x15, who knows what the future brings. One thing at a time.

14. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The Eminence 3015 can be had for $115 street.
    That ain't bad for a 450 watt lightweight 15 that sounds real good.

To me, part of the magic stage presence of the typical Schro cab is it's omni-presence...which I think comes in part from the sidefiring design.
    The 21015 would seem to give some of this up....y'all might consider front facing the 15, and side firing the 210's.
    IMO, a side firing 15 would get real blurred.

15. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Im up for one of those as well.

Goodbye UL212 (at some point;-)

16. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    If you or Jorg need a UK tester ill send you my address.

17. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    For sure. I forgot that the 12 isn't the folded one.

18. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Cornell , IL.
    It first reminded me of the Peavey 1516/1810 heavy weight cabs.
    My BF Omni 15 has a 'folded' 15" design yet sounds better (to me) than my Shro 410 . And it's 40lbs lighter.Albeit larger sized.
    Why should cheaper speakers be considered? Shroeders are already some of the most expensive bass cabinets compared to Fender,Carvin, Hartke, GK, Behringer.
    Put the best speakers in there if you're going to charge premium prices.
    Sorry, Guess I'm a little skeptical that this will solve any needs.

19. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    I agree, use the best drivers for the box. If the 1210 does in fact use Delta drivers, there is well under $150 in drivers in that box, fwiw. The Eminence Neo stuff isn't much more that that, either. I am not saying the 1210 isn't worth its price, just that the driver cost is less than 25% of the cost of the box.

20. NICE!!! i'd buy a 21015 if it were mass produced