1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schroeder 1515L, awesome!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by caesarbass, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Just played my new 1515L last weekend and it absolutely killed!! Great bottom end, pseudo old-school tone and really PUNCHY!! I used it at Disneyland on the outside stage that comes up out of the ground, it really sounded big!! I didn't miss the horn at all, Jorg's using some really quick 15's, they respond like 12's, but push some air!!
    th_1515L.
    I will be using the cab again this weekend with my p-bass and give a report then too. So far this cab is incredible and I can't wait to stack my 1212L on top of it. So far this is my new favorite cab to use with my LMII!!!! :D

2. oh wow....

that looks amazing

3. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    :crying:Aww.:crying: I wanted to be the first kid on the block with one of those!:crying:

Seriously. Did it live up to your expectations? Have you played it at any other venues/situation?

4. Thanks guys!! I love this little giant alot!! I'm sure the more gigs I do with it I will get to know it better and better, but so far it's been great!! Very simple, two 15's and no horn, and BIG sound!! i really wanted something to compliment my 1212L, but at the same time I wanted a kind-of old school cab to pump my P-bass through, I am very stoked with what Jorg's done!!! I will keep up on the reviews. :D

5. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I wonder if Jorg would do a tweeter on this cab if you asked. I don't know that I would want one without it, but it does look very interesting!

6. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Sure that Jorg will do custom work for you it makes aural sense to him -- doubt he would put his name on anything he thought sounded bad!
    (BTW he built me a slightly upsized 15L to stack with my 1212R; a little bigger, but still a one-hander!).

7. RBASS930

RBASS930 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Is that Jorgs compact 1515L, or large 1515L? How does it compare in volume to the 1212L?

8. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Is the lowend that comes from that cab as bloomy as a regular 115? I know Jorg's designs push the lowmids, but perhaps with 2 15s in there you might get some bloom.

9. OK, you gave me gas bad enough that I just emailed for a price for the large cab 1515 with a tweeter, and is still only 68 lbs. :bassist:

10. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

Thanks for the 1515L review! I've been very interested in this cab and the 1215L since I saw them on Jorg's sight. I'm downsizing but I still want a more vintage tone with lots of warm bottom and bloom. I thought either 2 of the 40lb. 8 ohm Compact 1515L's or 1-8 ohm Compact 1215L with 1-8 ohm Compact 1515L on the bottom with at least a 500 watt light weight head might just be what I'm looking for.

George

11. bassman10096

bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    +1 I love the 215 bloom, but hate the size and weight. Jorge's cab looks compact, it's light and, if it can do the big, thick lows traditional 215s do, I'm all the way on it. :hyper:

12. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Neither Bass Central or Musician's Friend sell his 15" cabs. They sell everything else. What's up with that?

13. The 15's are quite recent. They probably just don't have them in their system yet. Jorg just got them up on his website, so there is probably a month or two lag between the start of production and them showing up at the retailers and on their sites.

K

14. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    The sound of 15's with the quick response of 12's....tell me more!

15. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

My 15+L has no mud or boom. In another thread someone called it a "super 12" and I think that's right on the money. It weighs as little as my old Epi UL2-112, but is tighter, more mid-forward and moves way more air.

16. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

His custom work is only available direct. Right now anything covered in "rhino" or with a 15 in it (other than the 1515 I think) is a custom/direct job. The guy is fantastic to deal with.

17. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

Caesarbass....Is that 1515L cab Front or Rear ported? I can't tell from the picture.

Thanks,

George

18. I believe the 1515L is front ported like all the other 'baffle cabs'. You can't see the port, but it's between the back edge of the baffle and the back wall of the cabinet. The 112L and 115L have traditional front triangular-shaped ports.

19. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    +1 Go to the source.

20. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Wow, according to the website the 1515L is two pounds lighter than the 1212L.