1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schroeder 1515L/CMD151P/NV412 For Under Mix

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mentalpatient, Mar 3, 2010.

1. mentalpatient

mentalpatient Inactive

Jun 23, 2009
    mental institutionzs
    This is for playing under the mix with low B, long extended notes like in Slipknot. I currently play through a Mesa M6 + Powerhouse 4x10 current triport version. Anoter 410 or going the 810 is the real way to go but currently I can not transport that.

Would the Schroeder 1515L be up to this kind of punishment with the M6 ? Would I have to push it too hard to get the volume I need as one driver is not forward facing ? I guess it would have to be raised from the floor so it at least fires at knee level like a 410, otherwise with it on the floor I would have to turn it up even more. Or should I only consider the larger 1515.

With Markbass I would be adding the 151NY extension cabinet or the 15inch traveller. However, I would be missing the tone of the M6. This would be very expensive.

The NV412 sits at the right level on it's own, harder to transport than the 1515L.

2. I think you'll find the NV412 is a lot easier to move than you think. Seeing it is farily compact from front to back and puts out a HUGE. You'll find just by tilting and rolling it around on the casters, it is easier to move and slide in / out of the back of a wagon or van than most 410s out there. It will deliver more than the 15's you're looking at with more authority and and not muddy up your sound all at the same time.
    If you're in Sydney i'd go and check one out at Bass Gear Direct. Great place, prices and very helpful.

3. mentalpatient

mentalpatient Inactive

Jun 23, 2009
    mental institutionzs
    I was thinking of the NV412 at one stage. Would there be that much difference between four 10's and four 12's ? I was thinking of a 4 ohm Mesa 410 or is that just not going to see the benefit of the extra power from the m6, better to go larger and/or more drivers.

4. mentalpatient

mentalpatient Inactive

Jun 23, 2009
    mental institutionzs
    Hi MG Bass, I spoke with Bass Gear Direct, George is very helpfull and great to do business with. I ended up ordering an NV412 which arrived today. It looks like it belongs in a studio, what a top finish. Running in starts tonight, think I will be with it all night.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020