Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder 21012 vs 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Jan 17, 2006.

1. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Anyone A/B these cabs?

How does the 21012 do for slap tone?

What's the major difference between the two?

2. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    never tried the 410 but i have been gigging with the 21012 for over a year know. yea it's great for slap. unless you like the super scooped boom clank slap (no midrange super harsh highs) in that case there is a chance either cab might not have enough high end bite for you. it might be too smooth up top for you. (this would be only in the most extreme instances but i thought i would mention it) if you want some slap that can actually be heard in a band context, the 21012 delivers in spades.

either way you can't go wrong imo

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I am not looking for that clanky slap tone, I'm mostly fingerstyle anyway. I am curious to hear the punch factor VS the 410 too. Your reply helps, I like the oldschool funk style slap tone.

4. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa
    I don't play the 21012,but I've got the 410 and I love :) it...its great for all bass applications...especially demanding ones like slapping :bassist: and popping....the speakers can take the extra volume and deliver the sound with punch and bite and without distortion-and it will give you thunderous lows( even on a B string) or refined highs(probably has one of the smoothest tweeters around)-just dial in any tone you want...:D

5. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Fire off an Email to Jorg. He and I had this exact same discussion before I bought my 21012.

Basically, he said something to the effect of, 21012 is better if you do any slap/pop, 410 if you don't..... but I suggest you discuss your specifics with the man himself. He's MORE than accomodating for questions of this sort.