1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schroeder 210212L plus 1515L?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Iritan, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    Okay, here's the story:
    I just got a 210212 and it is unbelievably awesome. It sounds so damn good and it packs a mean punch. My GBE 1200 sounds like a completely different animal altogether. This cab blows all my previous cabs (Avatar B212, b210, Ampeg BXT410, and SVT 18) out of the water.

I currently have it pair with the Avatar 212, and although it sounds great I want to replace my 212 with a schroeder cab cause I've fallen in love.

I really like the idea of the 1515L but I wonder, would it be too boomy or muddy? Would the 15L be better?

Tear me a new one,

Dustin,

2. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    bump

3. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    I don't have any real basis for comparison, but I think that Jorg's 1515 is a nice cab...very focused and not muddy at all. I think that his cabs have a strong midrange focus (duh) and that makes the normally muddy 15's very nice. So, I think it would be a nice complement to your 210212 monster. I did play a 1215/1515 stack at Jorg's place and it blew me away.

4. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

This sounds like an amazing cab - the bottom of the 12s with the snap of the 10s.

I have a 1212L and it is fantastic, especially for the size!

5. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    I had the 1515L with the 210212. Nice combo, just didn't like using 1515L by itself. That's when it becomes to boomy, IMO. I would get 15L if you plan to use sometimes as a standalone. Make sure you get the one with the tweet.

6. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I had a 1515L as well and found it undefined and boomy/unfocused.

YMMV.

7. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Get another Schroder 21012L imho. Much safer and it's a sound you like.

8. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    That's true, but they don't come up used as often as I'd like.

9. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    What about adding a 410L? How will that affect the tone?